2013 FREE CANADIAN COIN tracking thread - TOTALS POSTED

Tracking Threads Only
By request, this area is only for coin sorting tracking threads. To reduce clutter only threads authorized by Realcent Admin are allowed here. Ask if you have an idea for a new tracking thread. Happy searching!

Re: 2013 FREE CANADIAN COIN tracking thread

Postby uthminsta » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:22 am

henrysmedford wrote:$207

:shock: no stinking way! :lol:
uthminsta
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby NHsorter » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:38 pm

uthminsta wrote:

What the!!! Sticky period key? Or did someone save you up the mother lode?

That's it. I have a little bag of zincs to dump so I am heading to the honey hole shortly to see what I can procure.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby henrysmedford » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:55 pm

uthminsta wrote:

Fixed $2.07
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby henrysmedford » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:56 pm

NHsorter wrote:
uthminsta wrote:

What the!!! Sticky period key? Or did someone save you up the mother lode?

That's it. I have a little bag of zincs to dump so I am heading to the honey hole shortly to see what I can procure.

Fixed :mrgreen:
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby NHsorter » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:23 pm

:lol: OK, I actually would have believed it too. You Henry's seem to have some great relationships with your tellers so I would not be completely surprised if one of them actually did save you (well, Franklin) up 2 large in Canadian.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby NHsorter » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:28 am

Honey hole last night was not bad. Been better. Still worth the extra gas.

$3.16
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:05 am

Doing my first full box of halves (another story) so got to see the bag obstruction issue in person. Didn't net me anything personally but a) with halves in this machine you'd better know what you dumped so you can justify it when the count goes bad, and b) there were a lot of coin behind the bags. 2 for 2 so far and going to do one more stop. It would have shorted me $14 between the two.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:49 pm

68Camaro wrote:Doing my first full box of halves (another story) so got to see the bag obstruction issue in person. Didn't net me anything personally but a) with halves in this machine you'd better know what you dumped so you can justify it when the count goes bad, and b) there were a lot of coin behind the bags. 2 for 2 so far and going to do one more stop. It would have shorted me $14 between the two.

Got a total of $.15 out of four stops between yesterday and today (that was only one of them - the other three had zero coins on the magnet). People must not be dumping much.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby uthminsta » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:58 pm

68Camaro wrote:Doing my first full box of halves (another story) so got to see the bag obstruction issue in person. Didn't net me anything personally but a) with halves in this machine you'd better know what you dumped so you can justify it when the count goes bad, and b) there were a lot of coin behind the bags. 2 for 2 so far and going to do one more stop. It would have shorted me $14 between the two.

I don't think it's specific to halves, although they are probably the worst culprits! I had 7 buckets of pennies accumulated because one of my dump banks had their machine broken temporarily. So I took them to my dad's bank and gave them his account. Glad I did that... because they came back with what sounded like the right amount, gave me the money, and I left. But then they credited my dad's account with $25... all they said when they called him was that they had made a mistake with it!
uthminsta

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:12 pm

There are other issues involved but when I saw this machine in action with halves I saw a couple of problems specific to halves. The reject chute tends to trap them because of the size, corners, and angles in the chute. Worst, the reject chute interferes specifically with the half bag and tends to choke it off.
68Camaro

Postby NHsorter » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:36 pm

What they are supposed to do is to roll up the half bag so that it does not hang down as far and block the chute. Most branches I go to do this. Also, all the branches around here have the half bag set to fill at $50, so it is a major pain to return any large amount of halves because they have to stand there and keep changing bags. I now accumulate enough to fill a $1000 bag of halves and then dump at one branch that will accept bags. They even have a scale to verify so it takes about 2 minutes in with a bag and out the door with a fistful of Bennies.
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:12 pm

The half bags here are set to $100 but even that seems like a waste of a bag. Though I'm sure no one but half sorters dump any.

I don't think the locals have been told about the short bag trick.
68Camaro

Postby NHsorter » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:33 pm

$3.60 today. Toonie helped out a bunch!

Also got a key. Anyone know what this might go to? I have never seen another like it.
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby uthminsta » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:35 pm

I think it belongs to Kevin.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Pollak
uthminsta

Postby henrysmedford » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:18 pm

NHsorter wrote:$3.60 today. Toonie helped out a bunch!

Also got a key. Anyone know what this might go to? I have never seen another like it.

Ebay $1.99 http://www.ebay.com/itm/POLLAK-STARTER-KEY-/130432641839
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby knibloe » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:14 pm

.o1 yesterday in canadian. It was in the trash can next to the sorter.

The key looks a lot like the key to my older kubota
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:09 am

$0.15 yesterday
68Camaro

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:20 pm

$0.55
68Camaro

Postby henrysmedford » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:59 pm

$10.79
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby NHsorter » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:21 pm

Went out of my way to the honey hole at lunch today for some treasure and got SKUN-$0.00-KED! :cry: Got another place to try on the way home. Crossing my fingers 8-)
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby agmoose » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:39 pm

.20 today.
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby HPMBTT » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:07 pm

$1.05 CDN today (2Q,5D,1 nickel) and hey....a 1 Euro coin! Made my day. :)
HPMBTT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby NHsorter » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:17 pm

$3.62 today. Whoop, Whoop!
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:33 am

In line behind a $2000 school drive dump. Got $1.36 cdn plus other small goodies. Nothing like a Franklin pickup but good for me.
68Camaro

PreviousNext

Return to Tracking Threads Only