*2014* FREE CANADIAN COIN tracking thread

Tracking Threads Only
By request, this area is only for coin sorting tracking threads. To reduce clutter only threads authorized by Realcent Admin are allowed here. Ask if you have an idea for a new tracking thread. Happy searching!

Re: *2014* FREE CANADIAN COIN tracking thread

Postby cwgii » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:03 pm

1984 quarter today
cwgii
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Morsecode » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:14 pm

Thursday rain day banking:

8.35 CA
.81 US
Silver '43S war nickel (first one this year)

I had time to gather my totals for upcoming year end. Maybe save Uthminsta some time later :D

524.74 CA
228.83 US

90% 10.65
80% 2 Canada dimes
50% 1 New Zealand shilling '41
40% 4.50
35% 1 war nick
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 pm

A large handful of coin today for me, but only $0.60 Canadian (plus $0.43 US). A large amount of Russian coin today for some reason, plus others.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Morsecode » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:01 pm

68Camaro wrote:A large amount of Russian coin today for some reason, plus others.

Same here, but German pfennigs. One magnet was loaded with them. I hate when that happens :thumbdown:

This area has a large Polish population, one that travels back to the mother land frequently. So to see a pocketful of old zlotnys (sp?) crammed onto one magnet is not unusual. But that was the first German hoard I've pulled.
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby Morsecode » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:50 pm

8.67 CA
1.42 US
Silver; '61 dime

The dime came in a trade for a 1995 dime with a lady I helped at the Arcade. Her dime was all dirty. Mine was clean and shiny. It was what you call one of those win-win deals :roll: :shh: :P
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:32 pm

$2.17
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Morsecode » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:52 pm

16.20 CA
14.55 US
Silver: 3 Roosies + 18 Wash quarters from a teller

Notable: 20 steel cents.
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:59 am

I'm most jealous of your silver yields - I have no ability to get into the internal reject area; I presume you're getting yours from there? (Apart from what the tellers are keeping for you - the tellers down here are all smart enough to keep them for themselves.) In 2-3 years of magnet pulling I've only found one silver fractional (a tiny <2g foreign one).
68Camaro

Postby Morsecode » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:08 am

If you're referring to the PVC chute that dumps into the reject box, yes... Most of the coins from the big score in July were jammed in the pipe.

Only way to get at it is with teller assistance. If I can feel a coin on the end of the tube that hasn't dropped off into the reject box I ask for help. Doesn't work 100% of the time. Best to get a floor person rather than a teller. Those people generally couldn't care less about some stuck coins.
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby Morsecode » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:11 pm

1.01 CA
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby Recyclersteve » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:44 pm

Morsecode wrote:If you're referring to the PVC chute that dumps into the reject box, yes... Most of the coins from the big score in July were jammed in the pipe.

Only way to get at it is with teller assistance. If I can feel a coin on the end of the tube that hasn't dropped off into the reject box I ask for help. Doesn't work 100% of the time. Best to get a floor person rather than a teller. Those people generally couldn't care less about some stuck coins.

Does it help to say to them that you heard some of your coins get stuck?
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby Morsecode » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:04 pm

Yeah, that does work, too. Especially on the employees who need extra convincing to help out. Only thing is...if you are just hoping there are stuck coins, and there aren't any, they'll be even more reluctant to indulge you the next time.

Helpful Hint - carry a bent quarter with you. Add it to your batch to be counted. Only one of three things can happen: it will end up in the reject box, like it's supposed to. Or, the machine will accept it anyway, in which case you'll be credited for it. Or, it will end up behind some other coin(s) already stuck in the pipe.

Then you can can truthfully say to them you had a mangled quarter that didn't get counted and didn't get rejected. "See...it's not on my slip", looking confused :angel:

Naturally, this only works if you're counting cents or dimes or nickels exclusively (or any combination that doesn't include other quarters).
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:49 pm

$1.08

A large handful of coin again but it was mostly misc central American with a smattering of less common pieces - for example an Aruban florin and 4 giant Costa Rican 100 centismos (or whatever they are).
68Camaro

Postby coindood » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:18 pm

My total for the year so far, between here and another site I reported at before I joined realcent, is $1.25. All Coinstar found or employee saved.

Don't know if totals from last year are still admissible, but mine was $2.70
coindood
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:43 pm

Another $0.10 today
68Camaro

Postby Morsecode » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:55 pm

6.82 CA
1.82 US
Silver: 2 Roosies
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:01 pm

$0.61
68Camaro

Postby Morsecode » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:24 pm

19.59 CA (1 less cent and I would've had my birth year :geek: )
3.17 US
Silver: 2 Roos
Notable: 1937 KGVI nickel

Had a teller give me 4 buffalo nicks...'27, '36, '37, and a dateless. She had a customer bring in a whole roll that morning, and had been handing them out all day. By the time I got there just the four remained. They can't be fed thru the Arcade for whatever reason.
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:43 pm

$1.00
68Camaro

Postby Morsecode » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:43 pm

.45 CA
Silver: 1 '64 Roos

My ticket total was $50.20...crabby teller guy who keeps me away from the magnet as much as he can gives me two twenties, a ten and two dimes. Soon as the dimes hit the countertop I knew at least one of them was silver; he had to have heard it, too, but did nothing...no reaction.

So I guess he's not as coin savvy as I was giving him credit for. ;)
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:45 pm

Nice. Been over a year since I saw silver in the wild.
68Camaro

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:14 pm

$0.25
68Camaro

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:50 am

$1.35
68Camaro

Postby Morsecode » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:20 pm

When does 7 + 7 = 21? :thumbup:
It's a new single machine CA record for me. The 5 quarters came from another stop.

Someone was very naughty trying to pass these off. But there is a certain poetic justice in scamming the benefits of another guy's attempted scam :P

Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

PreviousNext

Return to Tracking Threads Only