*2014* FREE CANADIAN COIN tracking thread

Tracking Threads Only
By request, this area is only for coin sorting tracking threads. To reduce clutter only threads authorized by Realcent Admin are allowed here. Ask if you have an idea for a new tracking thread. Happy searching!

Re: *2014* FREE CANADIAN COIN tracking thread

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:40 pm

:clap:

Holy crap - what a haul!
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Morsecode » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:23 pm

1 stop
1 CA dime
1 '46 Roos.

Plus they gave me a TD Santa Claus stocking cap :mrgreen:
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:32 pm

$0.25
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:50 pm

$1.31
68Camaro

Postby cwgii » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:40 am

dime and a quarter that got knocked off the magnet and into the reject slot.
cwgii

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:30 pm

$0.50 CA

Plus another ~$40-45 US extra; not sure exactly how much extra cause I wasn't sure exactly what I had to start, but I know it wasn't that much. I can only conclude someone forgot to re-start the machine apparently after dumping their last pile.
68Camaro

Postby Morsecode » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:22 pm

:thumbup:
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby Morsecode » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:43 pm

For what it's worth, I didn't post last week because the entire take went to my protege', a young dude from the equipment repair shop who wants to take over my route. We came to an agreement and he has ponied up the necessary "tribute" to lease my 12 branches for the next 3 years. Cash + silver + some car work :thumbup:

So tomorrow, Sunday, is my last day. After which I agreed to a non-compete clause...I can still dump, and retrieve coins from the reject bin, but no magnet scraping. If I choose to open up a new territory that's ok too. And it's possible, given the number of branches in State, but I doubt I'll do it because of the extra travel involved.

Truth is I was probably going to curtail my operation down to a minimum anyway. The big scores spoiled me, I'm afraid :lol:

...now watch tomorrow be huge just to spite me
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:53 pm

Franchising already... that's the sign of an entrepreneur! :clap: :lol:
68Camaro

Postby henrysmedford » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:21 pm

Morsecode wrote:For what it's worth, I didn't post last week because the entire take went to my protege', a young dude from the equipment repair shop who wants to take over my route. We came to an agreement and he has ponied up the necessary "tribute" to lease my 12 branches for the next 3 years. Cash + silver + some car work :thumbup:

So tomorrow, Sunday, is my last day. After which I agreed to a non-compete clause...I can still dump, and retrieve coins from the reject bin, but no magnet scraping. If I choose to open up a new territory that's ok too. And it's possible, given the number of branches in State, but I doubt I'll do it because of the extra travel involved.

Truth is I was probably going to curtail my operation down to a minimum anyway. The big scores spoiled me, I'm afraid :lol:

...now watch tomorrow be huge just to spite me

Is the new guy a realcenter?
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Morsecode » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:17 pm

henrysmedford wrote:Is the new guy a realcenter?

No, not yet. He's not a huge coin person; it's all hockey and snow machines. But who knows...maybe he gets the bug in time.
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby Morsecode » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:26 pm

21.18 CA
5.77 US
Silver: 4 Roos

Notable: 1903 French 25 Centimes. Composition, nickel. Not rare or much value...a buck, maybe.

So my final totals for 2014:

621.01 Canadian
255.56 US

Silver:

90% $16.55 face
80% 2 Canada dimes
50% 1 New Zealand shilling, 1941
40% $4.50 face
35% 1 war nickel

All together, about half of what I tallied in 2013. But I didn't go out as often.

8-)
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby coindood » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:41 pm

.10 CA today
coindood
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:34 pm

$0.50
68Camaro

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:35 pm

Morsecode wrote:21.18 CA
5.77 US
Silver: 4 Roos

Notable: 1903 French 25 Centimes. Composition, nickel. Not rare or much value...a buck, maybe.

So my final totals for 2014:

621.01 Canadian
255.56 US

Silver:

90% $16.55 face
80% 2 Canada dimes
50% 1 New Zealand shilling, 1941
40% $4.50 face
35% 1 war nickel

All together, about half of what I tallied in 2013. But I didn't go out as often.

8-)

Nice uncommon find, nonetheless. Will be sorry to miss your reports of your giant finds! - they always inspired me to continue despite my minimal return.
68Camaro

Postby Morsecode » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:28 pm

How's this for minimal return:

.15 CA in the reject bin!!! :thumbup: :lol:

I had some dimes to dump this evening before the bank closed. Finding that dime & nickel down below told me the magnet was probably loaded and foreign coins were getting past it. Ohhhhhhh....

I was proud of myself for being able to walk away :mrgreen:
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby coindood » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:10 pm

$1.65 CA today saved by my Smith's cashier buddy.
coindood
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:16 pm

A tooney was a nice way to end up the year. $2.50
68Camaro

Postby CardsNCoins » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:57 pm

I consider myself a fairly bold/brazen guy who dumps 1 or 2 thousand per stop without caring if I'm looked at as a pest. That doesn't mean I'm rude, in fact I'm polite and courteous. But I have never, lifted the magnet out of the holster and checked it for coins. I'm sure once you do it a few times you lose the initial inhibition, but I can't bring myself to do it. It's a shame too because I have at least triple the amount of TDs near me that you do. You are/were my hero Morsecode.

For full disclosure, once the TD worker takes the coin chute with the magnet out of it's holster (thats necessary to pull the machine out of it's cave) I have reached out to the magnet but only while he/she was changing a bag and I felt certain they couldnt see me. :oops:
CardsNCoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:52 pm

I started when I was sorting cents and it made perfect sense to me that I should be able to recover missed steel cents from my dumps that were mine, whether late-model Canadian or 1943 US. And I did find some of those. So I didn't have a problem telling anyone that challenged me that I wanted to recover anything off the magnet that might have been in my dump. As you note, once you come into it from a vector of justification it's easier to keep doing it from that point onward.

Though I did stop going to one branch that had the machine immediately next to the tellers and with a head teller that used to bless me out for pulling it - it just got to be too much stress for the slim return from that branch.

Too few branches down here that have the machines for it to be more than just a casual hobby. I've even got competition from someone else at my main branch that the teller's told me about.
68Camaro

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:01 pm

$1.06
68Camaro

Postby coindood » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:46 pm

Should we continue posting 2015 free Canadian finds here or wait for a new thread to be started?
coindood
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Morsecode » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:09 pm

I'm trying to get a 2015 thread started, but the person I messaged hasn't logged back in yet...

So hang in there a couple more days
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Previous

Return to Tracking Threads Only