*Official May 2020 Half Dollars and Other Coins

Tracking Threads Only
By request, this area is only for coin sorting tracking threads. To reduce clutter only threads authorized by Realcent Admin are allowed here. Ask if you have an idea for a new tracking thread. Happy searching!

*Official May 2020 Half Dollars and Other Coins

Postby Country » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:24 pm

xxx
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Re: *Official May 2020 Half Dollars and Other Coins

Postby Saabman » Wed May 06, 2020 6:27 am

My dump bank has reopened their lobbies.......And I was able to find a box of dimes yesterday.....

Tuesday's box of dimes........skunk......

I'm hopeful that my pick up bank will be up and running next week. Until then, I'm going to try and find more domes to search.
Cerca Trova!!!

Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think.
-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Wed May 06, 2020 4:57 pm

Saabman wrote:My dump bank has reopened their lobbies.......And I was able to find a box of dimes yesterday.....

I'm hopeful that my pick up bank will be up and running next week. Until then, I'm going to try and find more domes to search.

Welcome back! More domes? The Astrodome, Tokyo Dome... LOL
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed May 06, 2020 10:17 pm

It looks like Saabman may be on a roll again (pun intended) sometime very soon.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Saabman » Thu May 07, 2020 6:18 am

shinnosuke wrote:
Saabman wrote:My dump bank has reopened their lobbies.......And I was able to find a box of dimes yesterday.....

Domes and domes of half dollar roles!
Sucks getting older......eye sight is the first to go......... LOL!!!
Cerca Trova!!!

Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think.
-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Saabman » Thu May 07, 2020 6:20 am

Recyclersteve wrote:It looks like Saabman may be on a roll again (pun intended) sometime very soon.

Fingers crossed! They still won't give me a date when my pick up bank's lobby will be open........I'm hoping in a week........
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Thu May 07, 2020 7:25 am

Saabman wrote:
shinnosuke wrote:

Domes and domes of half dollar roles!
Sucks getting older......eye sight is the first to go......... LOL!!!

Ha! I always say: It's tough getting older. Your memory is the 2nd thing to go. Which causes the listener to ask: What's the first thing. Me: I can't remember.

Yeah, I know. It's a stale, old joke, but it cracks me (and apparently, only me) up every time.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Saabman » Mon May 11, 2020 6:26 am

Picked up another box of dimes Friday.........skunk......
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Thu May 14, 2020 4:52 am

Saabman wrote:Picked up another box of dimes Friday.........skunk......

Hey Saabman:

Did your bank run out of halves or are you going to a different bank now?
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby Saabman » Thu May 14, 2020 7:31 am

My normal pick up is still closed but they have another branch that is open. They will only order dimes (domes.....lol) for me right now. I still have my fingers crossed that my pick up will be open next week and I can start getting halves again.
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Saabman » Fri May 15, 2020 6:44 am

Thursday's box of dimes.......skunk.....
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby bookshelf » Fri May 15, 2020 10:55 pm

$40 worth of bank wrapped nickel rolls produced:

1 silver nickel (1943 P)
1 pre-1960 (1957 D)
1 2006 S Proof
1 2009 D
3 non-nickels (1 US cent, 1 Canada 5 cents, 1 South Korea 50 Won)
Wanted: current Japanese YEN coins and bills
bookshelf
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Saabman » Fri May 22, 2020 6:36 am

Well......they came through.....my alt pick up bank said they would try and get a couple of boxes of halves for me this week. They showed up yesterday!

My first boxes of halves in a couple of months!!!

Thursday's box of halves yielded.... 2 x 64, 1 x 68, and 1 x 69!!!
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby TXSTARFIRE » Fri May 22, 2020 7:01 am

Nice box to be welcomed back with!
TXSTARFIRE
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby shinnosuke » Fri May 22, 2020 2:13 pm

Saabman wrote:Well......they came through.....my alt pick up bank said they would try and get a couple of boxes of halves for me this week. They showed up yesterday!

Bravo!
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Sat May 23, 2020 1:29 am

Saabman wrote:Well......they came through.....my alt pick up bank said they would try and get a couple of boxes of halves for me this week. They showed up yesterday!

Virus schmirus. Nobody is stopping saabman!

Recyclersteve

Postby Saabman » Tue May 26, 2020 6:10 am

Recyclersteve wrote:

Virus schmirus. Nobody is stopping saabman!

Hahaha!
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Saabman » Tue May 26, 2020 6:10 am

Sorry for the late report....

Friday's box of halves.......skunk.....
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Thu May 28, 2020 4:04 am

Went the other day to my local bank to deposit a $2,400 check from the government.

While there I asked a couple tellers for halves. Got only $5 face, but that included (2) 40%ers.

Recyclersteve

Postby Saabman » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:45 am

The alt pick up forgot to order halves last week. I did snag a box of dimes on Friday.........skunk.......
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby mtalbot_ca » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:10 am

Hi!

I was wondering on the boxes you check....how many are short in terms of missing coins? When I was searching quarters, I was backfilling about 0,75$/box.

Thanks.
Common sense should prevail if not, misery will.
mtalbot_ca
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Saabman » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:05 am

The halves are generally spot on. The dimes are pretty close........maybe $0.20 - 0.30 off. But all in all if it's close, I'm good with it.
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Saabman » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:36 am

Managed to pick up another box of dimes........skunk......

However, went detecting over the weekend and plucked a 1935 merc and a 1903 Barber.....
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Return to Tracking Threads Only