June 2021 Copper Penny Handsorter Tracking

Tracking Threads Only
By request, this area is only for coin sorting tracking threads. To reduce clutter only threads authorized by Realcent Admin are allowed here. Ask if you have an idea for a new tracking thread. Happy searching!

June 2021 Copper Penny Handsorter Tracking

Postby Country » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:39 pm

xxx
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Re: June 2021 Copper Penny Handsorter Tracking

Postby Recyclersteve » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:17 am

Ok, I finally looked through some rolled Lincoln pennies to see how many coppers and wheats I could find for the first time in a while- likely the first time since 2019. Here are the results:

Total pennies hand searched: $24.50
Copper cents (other than those itemized elsewhere) 215
1982's (copper) 25 (there were also 8 zincs- so 75.8% of the 82's were copper)
Wheats 9 (including a 1935-S)
Canadian pennies 3 (1979, 81, 89)
1856 Flying Eagles + 1877 + 1909-S-VDB 0 (at least I can wish!)
TOTAL COPPERS 252 (10.3%)

NOTE: I am a tough grader, so any coppers that just don't look right (too many scratches, bent, too much green matter on them, etc.) are not kept and not included in the totals above.

Frankly, I'm rather pleased that I found over 10% that met my tough grading standards. I was thinking it would be 6-7%.

P.S. I see the last posting I made about pennies searched was on 10/29/19 when I found 11.04% copper pennies.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Tracking Threads Only