*Official November 2022 Half Dollars and Other Coins

Tracking Threads Only
By request, this area is only for coin sorting tracking threads. To reduce clutter only threads authorized by Realcent Admin are allowed here. Ask if you have an idea for a new tracking thread. Happy searching!

Re: *Official November 2022 Half Dollars and Other Coins

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:37 am

$120 in halves. No silver, but there was a 2008-S proof half.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby TwoAndAHalfCents » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:57 am

$60 halves with no silver but there were a number of 2018 and 2021 coins mixed in. I also got a 2022-D half dollar in change one day last week.
TwoAndAHalfCents
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Silver4face » Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:15 pm

Do you keep these newer halves? Also, is the 2022 D low mintage? I recently pulled 30-40 2022 halves; I will check them for the D mark.
Buy rolls NOW while you still can!
Silver4face
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby TwoAndAHalfCents » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:06 pm

I have kept a few of these new halves from earlier searches but now when I find more I just dump them with the rest of the sorted coins.
TwoAndAHalfCents
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Saabman » Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:45 am

Last box of halves for November yielded...1 x 64 :-D .

If my numbers are right....89 outta 13 boxes for the month....
Cerca Trova!!!

Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think.
-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:42 am

Saabman wrote:Last box of halves for November yielded...1 x 64 :-D .

That’s almost 7 PER BOX. Outstanding!
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby Silver4face » Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:33 am

Recyclersteve wrote:

Yes, but you have to remember that he got 86 of those in one box! That drastically distorts the average. Without that lucky box, his average is only point 25.
Silver4face
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:53 pm

Silver4face wrote:
Recyclersteve wrote:

Yes, but you have to remember that he got 86 of those in one box! That drastically distorts the average. Without that lucky box, his average is only point 25.

Agreed, but he has done VERY WELL over the years and had quite a few boxes with 5 or more silver coins per box.

Recyclersteve

Postby Silver4face » Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:02 am

Yes he has done well - I follow the results. However, it gets tougher from here on out, especially if he has competition in his area. I definitely have competition in my area, possibly even lots of competition! To be honest, any silver halves that appear in banks DISAPPEAR QUICKLY. He might not ever get a box like this again, but if he does that's great!
Silver4face
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Saabman » Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:58 am

Sorry, I've been under the weather the last few days and just now seeing this.

I have tons of competition......I've seen guy's bring in carts full of halves to turn in... one day, I'm afraid they will turn off access to the coin counters. But, as long as it's fun, I'll continue to do this........
Cerca Trova!!!

Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think.
-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:51 am

Saabman wrote:Sorry, I've been under the weather the last few days and just now seeing this.

I have tons of competition......I've seen guy's bring in carts full of halves to turn in... one day, I'm afraid they will turn off access to the coin counters. But, as long as it's fun, I'll continue to do this........

Carts full? It is hard to even imagine how many $500 boxes that would be. Please clarify. My imagination is going wild right now…

Recyclersteve

Postby Saabman » Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:55 am

I saw one guy with 10 (!) boxes of halves...... he was counting rolls to make sure he wasn't being shorted by the coin counter. The tellers hated him. Then, just the other day, I was in line behind a kid, maybe 15,16 ish, who had 5 boxes of halves and 3 or 4 boxes of dimes. He was dumping into his own supply (and mine). The tellers are cool with me, I bring candy, doughnuts, etc. for them every once in a while. I even brought back some candy from my trips to England for them. Plus, I'm small time compared to these guys.
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Previous

Return to Tracking Threads Only