Where Have You Found Coins/Currency?

Discussions about scrap yards, scrap yard prices, melting, refining, and obtaining metals from scrap or unconventional sources.

Re: Where Have You Found Coins/Currency?

Postby cwgii » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:41 pm

Another dime in my yard. Now that I am not doing steel.OL has deemed that I sify all the driveway gravel, for nailes ,screws and other metal
cwgii
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby cwgii » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:43 pm

That said, I picked up a swamp cooler, desk and cot. F.ing people.while recyclable, not in the city dumpster fool's.
cwgii

Postby cwgii » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:58 pm

Parking lot ,nickel
cwgii

Postby cwgii » Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:40 pm

Dime at an ATM.
cwgii

Postby cwgii » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:55 pm

Parking lot, dime. Recycling drop off, dime.
cwgii

Postby TXSTARFIRE » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:27 am

NP quarter in my own backyard yesterday. One of the kids dropped it? Looks pretty ugly must have been there awhile.
TXSTARFIRE
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Lemon Thrower » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:28 pm

I bought a new house. Found a bag of money, paper bills and coins. Mostly Egyptian and some central american countries, in other words junk but still interesting.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby cwgii » Thu May 06, 2021 8:43 pm

One dime, parking lot
cwgii

Postby Dr. Cadmium » Sat May 29, 2021 2:04 pm

$1.50 and $0.10 CAD from the supermarket Coinstar. I've had a dry spell there for almost a year but I finally beat everyone else to it.
Dr. Cadmium
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby coindood » Sun May 30, 2021 9:40 pm

Dr. Cadmium wrote:$1.50 and $0.10 CAD from the supermarket Coinstar. I've had a dry spell there for almost a year but I finally beat everyone else to it.

Tell us about all things Coinstar here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9695
coindood
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby cwgii » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:38 pm

Parking lot dime today.
cwgii

Postby cwgii » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:39 pm

Two pennies in a bucket of misc .stuff I'm sorting from shed clean out.
cwgii

Postby Dr. Cadmium » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:14 pm

1980 penny in the bottom of file cabinet I picked up on the side of the road.
Dr. Cadmium
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby coppernicus » Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:44 pm

Dime and 2 pennies at the BK drive thru
coppernicus
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby JadeDragon » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:03 am

$9.60 at the credit union coin machine reject tray (free to members). Some of the dollar coins still refused to count when run through again but they spend fine.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby Dr. Cadmium » Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:03 pm

Penny in the redemption center parking lot.
Dr. Cadmium
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:43 pm

Here’s a new one. Was out yesterday and happened to be in the gated neighborhood where a friend lives.

Saw a pile of stuff on the ground ready for pickup with the periodic brush removal. In there was a large water jug, not the current plastic type but the old heavy glass type.

Inside the water bottle… $16.82 in coins. All pennies? Nope! In fact, $12.00 of it was quarters. There were only a few dozen pennies. It is AMAZING to me the stuff that people throw out!

P.S. Also got a 10” Ryobi table saw from the same pile!
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby rainsonme » Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:14 am

Not a happy ending story. My children have both been embarrassed by my coin hunting. I park same place in our driveway every evening. One day my daughter super-glued a nickel to the concrete just where my door opens, and watched when I got home from work as I tried for 10 minutes to pick up that nickel.
rainsonme
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:43 am

Now that’s funny. It would make a GREAT YouTube video.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby thecrazyone » Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:45 pm

rainsonme wrote:Not a happy ending story. My children have both been embarrassed by my coin hunting. I park same place in our driveway every evening. One day my daughter super-glued a nickel to the concrete just where my door opens, and watched when I got home from work as I tried for 10 minutes to pick up that nickel.

I totally despise when ppl do that. I've seen so many like this that I'm tempted to bring a mini chisel and hammer with me.
Author: Bring CHANGE Into Your Life (A Truly Easy Investment Tool)
https://www.amazon.com/Bring-CHANGE-Int ... 1077276869
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:05 am

Had to walk by the drive thru window of a Panda Express on my way to the FedEx office today. 75 cents on the concrete below the window. All clad or zincolns except for one decent 1978 penny. The drive thru guy stuck his head through the window and said, Yeah, people don't even bother to pick up their change. Thanks to all of you who don't.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:57 pm

At the bank waiting for the notary. Walked over to the coin counter, and viola, there in the coin return was
A clad quarter with a penny stuck to it
A clad quarter all by its lonesome. Why?
A clad dime sandwiched by two zincolns
Two zincolns stuck to each other
Three loose pennies, two 95% and one zincoln
A Peter Piper Pizza game token
Total: $0.68
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby CrazyTom » Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:36 pm

thecrazyone wrote:
rainsonme wrote:Not a happy ending story. My children have both been embarrassed by my coin hunting. I park same place in our driveway every evening. One day my daughter super-glued a nickel to the concrete just where my door opens, and watched when I got home from work as I tried for 10 minutes to pick up that nickel.

I totally despise when ppl do that. I've seen so many like this that I'm tempted to bring a mini chisel and hammer with me.

I went back to a 7/11 where a clerk glued coins at the entrance. I removed them with a hammer and chisel. They could have been a trip hazard, did 7/11 a favor.....
Pedal to the metal.

CrazyTom's equation; More Traffic + More Miles = More Metal
CrazyTom
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby shinnosuke » Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:43 pm

CrazyTom wrote:
thecrazyone wrote:

I went back to a 7/11 where a clerk glued coins at the entrance. I removed them with a hammer and chisel. They could have been a trip hazard, did 7/11 a favor.....

Tom,
That incident definitely goes in the win column of life. And your actions certainly seem like the behavior of any sane man. Not sure why you have that username.
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:57 pm

54 cents in the coin return slot of the coin counter at my credit union while waiting for the teller to return from the back with my cashier's check.
2 slightly worn clad quarters & 4 zincolns
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

PreviousNext

Return to Scrap Metal Salvage