What Did You Find? (Non-Numismatic Stuff)

Discussions about scrap yards, scrap yard prices, melting, refining, and obtaining metals from scrap or unconventional sources.

Re: What Did You Find? (Non-Numismatic Stuff)

Postby Recyclersteve » Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:07 am

Found a chair, the kind you'd find in a living room earlier this week.

This one was a bit different as it was HUGE. I'd imagine that it was made specifically for someone quite overweight. I'd guess a 400# person could sit comfortably on this chair. We don't have room for it in our house and it was too wide to even bring in the front door. So I took it to Goodwill.

Good thing I picked it up when I did. It rained pretty hard the very next day!

I still find all sorts of things when I'm out and about. The stuff I post on this site is but a VERY SMALL PORTION of what I actually find.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: What Did You Find? (Non-Numismatic Stuff)

Postby cwgii » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:25 am

I am pretty much, done, looking for stuff. Since my accident, I ended up with a SMALL SUV. So nothing bigger than a microwave. Lolol. Saw a grill last week. ,had to pass it up.
cwgii
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Previous

Return to Scrap Metal Salvage