Updated 11/22/12 British North America Whitman cent folder!

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting, converting, using, and saving world coins.

Re: Updated 5/26 British North America Whitman cent folder!

Postby Oakair » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:30 pm

Nice collection man!

I wish I had gotten into Canadian when I live in Toronto...they look quite nice
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby henrysmedford » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:56 am

Oakair wrote:Nice collection man!

I wish I had gotten into Canadian when I live in Toronto...they look quite nice
You still can get into the Canadian coins. We are in Oregon and get a lot of Canadian from coin counters. Also coins shop have some of them in the junk bins. Also you can trade with the Canadian members of this group. We have folders and albums for Canadian 1,5,10,25 cent coins. :D
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby henrysmedford » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:44 pm

Just bid in five of the ones we are missing on Ebay. I hope we win.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Updated 11/10/12 British North America Whitman cent fold

Postby henrysmedford » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:34 am

Updated photos.

And here is the story of the New Brunswick 1861 half cent from The Charlton Standard Catalogue of Canadian Coins:

This denomination was not required by the province since its dollar and hence British coins went at a different rating than in the sister province of Nova Scotia. Nevertheless, the Royal Mint became confused and struck a half cent for New Brunswick. Over 200,000 of these coins came off the presses before the error was discovered. Most of the mintage was returned to the melting pot. The circulation strikes that survived are thought to have become mixed with the Nova Scotia half cents and sent to Halifax.
The obverse is that of the British farthing and the reverse is a royal crown and a rose/mayflower wreath very similar to that used for Nova Scotia.

ImageImage
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Updated 11/10/12 British North America Whitman cent fold

Postby henrysmedford » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:34 am

Updated photos.

And here is the story of the New Brunswick 1861 half cent from The Charlton Standard Catalogue of Canadian Coins:

This denomination was not required by the province since its dollar and hence British coins went at a different rating than in the sister province of Nova Scotia. Nevertheless, the Royal Mint became confused and struck a half cent for New Brunswick. Over 200,000 of these coins came off the presses before the error was discovered. Most of the mintage was returned to the melting pot. The circulation strikes that survived are thought to have become mixed with the Nova Scotia half cents and sent to Halifax.
The obverse is that of the British farthing and the reverse is a royal crown and a rose/mayflower wreath very similar to that used for Nova Scotia.

ImageImage
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Previous

Return to World Coin Collecting & Numismatics