U.S. Nondemoniated Postage Face Value

Discussion about the collecting, buying/selling, exchanging, design, and printing of notes and paper money from around the world, as well as the currency markets generally. Also, the discussion of items related to world currency like exonumia and scripophily.

U.S. Nondemoniated Postage Face Value

Postby hobo finds » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:03 am

If you have old stamps without a value printed on them here is the face value of them....

http://pe.usps.com/text/qsg300/Q604a.htm
hobo finds
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: U.S. Nondemoniated Postage Face Value

Postby uthminsta » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:45 pm

Is this Bill Murray? :lol:
PS - this is a useful thing to have. Somewhere around this desk I have a hard copy of it. I got it from the post office, actually.
PPS - leave it to the USPS to create and order the document in the least useful way possible. Jus' sayin.
PPPS - quick question... can I USE the "presort" stuff on regular first class mail?
uthminsta

Postby hobo finds » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:20 am

I was wondering the same about non profit and presort
hobo finds

Postby hobo finds » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:34 am

Can you use airmail stamps on regular postage in the USA?
hobo finds

Postby blackrabbit » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:32 pm

Yes you can use airmail stamps just like regular postage.
I don't think you can use the presort and non-profit ones but am not 100% sure about that.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby AGgressive Metal » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:35 pm

I don't have a cite for this but I am fairly certain its illegal to use non-profit stamps unless you are a registered non-profit because they are sold at a lower price than normal first-class postage.
And he that hath lyberte ought to kepe hit wel
For nothyng is better than lyberte
For lyberte shold not be wel sold for alle the gold and syluer of all the world
-Aesop's Fables, Caxton edition 1484

http://stores.ebay.com/commonwealthcurrency
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pdx_metal
AGgressive Metal
Realcent Moderator

Postby Know Common Cents » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:11 pm

I believe you can use the bulk mail and non-profit stamps for regular postage, but you need a permit. It's my understanding these are free and it's called a pre-cancel permit. You can get this from a post office, but any mail using these stamps must have a reference to your permit # on the envelope. (Most people, I believe, have a small rubber stamp made with the proper language and number.) Again, it's my thought you need to hand these mailpieces to the postal clerk and they must hand-cancel them. Seems like a lot of work, but if you can get these at a big-time savings, why not.

These stamps for the permits include the fractionals (such as 5.6 cents and 13.1 cents) as well as the non-denominated ones.

On a real limited basis, I use enough of the fractionals to make up the current first class rate. I always write "first class mail" under my return address and they go through with out a problem. Never had one returned to me after many years of occasional use. Good luck.
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Banknotes, Exonumia, Philatelics, etc