Fancy Serial Number buyer wanted

Discussion about the collecting, buying/selling, exchanging, design, and printing of notes and paper money from around the world, as well as the currency markets generally. Also, the discussion of items related to world currency like exonumia and scripophily.

Fancy Serial Number buyer wanted

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:52 am

Can anyone provide a good website or two with a U.S. Currency buyer who is interested in buying notes with fancy serial numbers?
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Fancy Serial Number buyer wanted

Postby highroller4321 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:32 pm

Recyclersteve wrote:Can anyone provide a good website or two with a U.S. Currency buyer who is interested in buying notes with fancy serial numbers?

Ebay seems to be the best market unless you are selling in bulk lots (100+ notes)
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby Know Common Cents » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:42 pm

Two of the buyers I know of who advertise for this type of currency are Trusted Traditions and Tickle Your Fancy currency. Their web sites have some amazing notes and even more amazing prices. Hope this helps.
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:25 am

Know Common Cents wrote:Two of the buyers I know of who advertise for this type of currency are Trusted Traditions and Tickle Your Fancy currency. Their web sites have some amazing notes and even more amazing prices. Hope this helps.

Thanks for this. Trusted Traditions has stuff that is way out of my league- I didn't see anything less than $1,000 on their site. TYF has much more down to earth pricing. Thanks.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Banknotes, Exonumia, Philatelics, etc