2$ bills

Discussion about the collecting, buying/selling, exchanging, design, and printing of notes and paper money from around the world, as well as the currency markets generally. Also, the discussion of items related to world currency like exonumia and scripophily.

2$ bills

Postby hobo finds » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:34 pm

Went to get some beer lady in front bought cigarettes paid with $2 bills. I told cashier I would take some $2 bill with my change. She said she saves them to give back to her the next day! :?
hobo finds
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: 2$ bills

Postby Dr. Cadmium » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:08 pm

Most $2 bills are nothing special, they are only worth $2. Like most FR notes they are only worth a premium if they are very old (red seal), uncirculated, have collectible serial numbers or errors.

Many businesses do not like $2 bills because there isn't a separate drawer for them in the cash register. In lower income areas, they can be hard to spend because vendors and customers don't recognize them as legal tender. The same with dollar coins and half dollars. This may be a "back and forth" type scenario where the customer can't find any other local place to unload the bills and the cashier doesn't want to deal with them either. It may also just be one of those quirky relationships.
Dr. Cadmium
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby TXSTARFIRE » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:15 pm

Dont forget star notes. Some series 1976 star notes are pretty scarce.

tt
TXSTARFIRE
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Dr. Cadmium » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:29 pm

TXSTARFIRE wrote:Dont forget star notes. Some series 1976 star notes are pretty scarce.

tt

I thought that was covered under "collectible serial numbers," but that's a good addition.
Dr. Cadmium
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Banknotes, Exonumia, Philatelics, etc