V-E Day (Victory in Europe)- May 8, 1945- $20 Bill

Discussion about the collecting, buying/selling, exchanging, design, and printing of notes and paper money from around the world, as well as the currency markets generally. Also, the discussion of items related to world currency like exonumia and scripophily.

V-E Day (Victory in Europe)- May 8, 1945- $20 Bill

Postby Recyclersteve » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:59 pm

NOTE: Bumping this item as prior content was poorly worded.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone here know of someone to whom V-E Day (Victory in Europe) (May 8, 1945) was important?

The reason for mentioning this is that I got a $20 bill in change recently with the serial number JL 05081945 D (L12) (May 8, 1945) on it. A little more info:

Series 2009

Treasury Secretary: Timothy F. Geithner (the guy who presided during the Lehman Bros. bankruptcy and the Great Recession- he was in office until 2013- and was considered to be a tax cheat on his personal taxes).

Condition: Average circulated (I'd say VG-Fine)- no ink marks or holes, but the bill has normal creases that you'd expect from a bill found in circulation. This bill is raw, that is, not slabbed. Disclaimer: I am not a good currency grader. If you have a smart phone, I can send you a photo of the front and back of the bill. Guaranteed genuine.

If you feel this fancy serial number bill isn't a big deal, consider that the odds of finding a specific serial number (i.e., your birthday) are 1 in 10,000,000. In other words, you could look your entire lifetime and never see one.

I am asking $199 for the bill and will include shipping. First come first served. This was a VERY SPECIAL day for anyone who served in WWII as it was V-E day (Victory in Europe) and was marked by the Germans surrendering. I still know a few people who fought in WWII- none of them are the type that would appreciate anything numismatic. For the right person, however, what a wonderful way to thank them for their service. This is also a great gift for the person who has everything. It could also be displayed in a military museum, Veteran's Hospital, etc. It is something very, very unusual and would be hard to beat in terms of creativity.

DISCLAIMER: I reserve the right to terminate this listing if I sell the bill elsewhere or in person at what I feel is a reasonable price.

For the price I am asking, I think there is room for someone to buy it basically betting they can resell it and make a profit. No returns allowed. I don't want someone to say they gave it to someone who didn't appreciate it.

If, by the end of Wednesday, October 24th (11:59pm EST), there is more than one person interested, then I will auction it off. I will accept private messages from anyone interested and qualified to bid. The subsequent bidding (if there are multiple people interested) will close by Friday, October 26th at 11:59 pm EST.

PAYMENT METHODS: Cash, check, cashiers check, money order (all must clear). Also will accept 90% silver (U.S.) halves (no slicks, bent, culls, discolored, cleaned or otherwise undesirable coins) . I will take the price used on coininfo.com (currently $5.288 per half dollar) at approximately 11:59pm EST on whichever day above is pertinent (10/24 or 10/26). We will round up or down to the nearest silver dime. I will better explain that only to those who are seriously interested.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Banknotes, Exonumia, Philatelics, etc