2 Dollar Bills

Discussion about the collecting, buying/selling, exchanging, design, and printing of notes and paper money from around the world, as well as the currency markets generally. Also, the discussion of items related to world currency like exonumia and scripophily.

2 Dollar Bills

Postby ardorlan » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:04 pm

Was at my bank picking up 60$ in dimes to search, when I saw someone transfer a large amount of 2$ bills.
I went to that teller, and traded for them.
I got 16 Bills total

1x 1976
2x 1995 and
1x 2003 series
10x 2003A series.

I am guess these bills are all worth just 2 dollars, none of them are prefect.

Are any of these worth Saving?
ardorlan
Penny Pincher Member

Re: 2 Dollar Bills

Postby Country » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:06 pm

I spend them. Always for the funny looks I get.... :P
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby fasteddy » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:19 pm

We give them as gifts but they need to be AU for that otherwise in my pocket they go....in fact there are two in there now just waitin for the right moment ;)
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby abe » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:22 pm

Most people save them thats why we rarely see em. I used to keep em, but found out they work just as good as the other bills.
Got Laminated Lincolns? Give me a buzz.
abe
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby ardorlan » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:51 am

I went to the farmers market yesterday, One of the young farm girls selling cookies asked me if it was legal, I also off loaded a bunch of halves. All and all It was a bit hit with everyone who got them.
ardorlan
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Know Common Cents » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:35 pm

If any were star notes they'd be worth keeping. Otherwise, have fun spending them.
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby JadeDragon » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:13 am

abe wrote:Most people save them thats why we rarely see em. I used to keep em, but found out they work just as good as the other bills.

A little harder to spend, but ya. Bet they would not work outside the USA though.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby abe » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:46 pm

JadeDragon wrote:
abe wrote:Most people save them thats why we rarely see em. I used to keep em, but found out they work just as good as the other bills.

A little harder to spend, but ya. Bet they would not work outside the USA though.

You mean canadians wouldn't spend a US 2 dollar bill, it ain't like our gov. is broke :lol:
Got Laminated Lincolns? Give me a buzz.
abe
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby psi » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:41 pm

When we still had $2 bills here I seem to remember they circulated quite a bit. There are probably quite a few Canadians who have no idea that US $2 bills are less common to see in circulation than other bills or why that might be.
psi
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby reddirtcoins » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:53 pm

Picked up $64FV... nothing... Just easier to get straps and have all of the serials
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Banknotes, Exonumia, Philatelics, etc