Price help please

Discussion about the collecting, buying/selling, exchanging, design, and printing of notes and paper money from around the world, as well as the currency markets generally. Also, the discussion of items related to world currency like exonumia and scripophily.

Price help please

Postby Dan the Relentless » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:45 am

I have 100 1995 $20 bills in order , 100 $10 bills in order and 100 $5 bills in order, all new . Is there any value over face on these. They are the small face bills. Wish I would have put that money in gold in 95. Thanks Dan
Dan the Relentless

Re: Price help please

Postby PennyBoy » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:22 pm

Unless any have a unique serial number or are star notes or errors, they are probably only worth face. Of course if you do find any of the aforementioned, you have to invest the time, and possibly paypal fees, to sell them. From my experience, most banknotes are only liquid by spending them, otherwise they aren't very liquid. Good luck in finding something worth selling.

EDIT: Now if the entire strap happens to be star notes, those do fetch a premium.
When people lose everything, and have nothing left to lose, they lose it.-Gerald Celente

My feedback: http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=8534

Happiness is the key to success.
PennyBoy
Penny Collector Member

Return to Banknotes, Exonumia, Philatelics, etc