Penalty For Private Use Stamps

Discussion about the collecting, buying/selling, exchanging, design, and printing of notes and paper money from around the world, as well as the currency markets generally. Also, the discussion of items related to world currency like exonumia and scripophily.

Penalty For Private Use Stamps

Postby BOHICA » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:49 pm

Years ago I picked up an old government desk from DRMO. I had to pull the bottom drawer out because it was stuck and wedged behind it I found about 2 1/2 rolls of the old 'F' rate 'Penalty for private use $300' stamps Does anyone have an idea what these are worth now? I looked them up in an old postal collectors guide book and they showed them as collectables.

One roll of 100 still has the paper band around it but, the back of the plastic bubble is off. The second roll has 86 stamps on it in very good shape. The third roll has 46 stamps on it, but they look like some had stuck together a bit before. There are 7 loose ones that have been folded/creased and finally there are 8 'Penalty for private use $300' 1 cent stamps there also.

Thanks for any help.
BOHICA
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Penalty For Private Use Stamps

Postby twentybux » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 pm

Unfortunately, I am of no help but just had to comment that you had a cool find! :D
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby BOHICA » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:37 am

I found them in the Brookman catalog. They are "O144 1991 (29¢) “F” Eagle Coil". They sell them for $1.95 each and ebay has them for $2.50 for 2. I might just throw them on ebay in lots of 10 and sell the complete roll as is.
BOHICA
Penny Pincher Member

Postby twentybux » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:24 pm

Sounds like a plan. Good luck!
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Banknotes, Exonumia, Philatelics, etc