What's a decent price for Common Morgans

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

Re: What's a decent price for Common Morgans

Postby Thogey » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:25 am

$30 + $7 shipping gets you a decent 1921 on e-bay. WHAT! Just now @ 0621 pst! Even after fees and ship, seller nets over 30 bucks. He hit a bit hard on the shipping charge.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1921-Silver-Mor ... fresh=true
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby ktonva » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:02 pm

Question is what is the percentage of melt/ offer? This thread is no good the second after its used.( silver is a moving target) If its a Morgan that has NO numismatic value "A" , and bid is "B" what is the actual percentage of a one ounce silver dollar "C". Based on no one wants to pay bid at a show I guess this would be the offer number "C"
ktonva

Postby Thogey » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:47 pm

ktonva wrote:Question is what is the percentage of melt/ offer? This thread is no good the second after its used.( silver is a moving target) If its a Morgan that has NO numismatic value "A" , and bid is "B" what is the actual percentage of a one ounce silver dollar "C". Based on no one wants to pay bid at a show I guess this would be the offer number "C"

Thanks for the analysis of my question. :|

Soo what are yall payin for morgans these days?
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby Chaboo » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:20 pm

:lol:

$20 and under gets me some pretty nice ones. ...pretty steady too, it takes a pretty big change in spot to affect numismatic coins... ;)
Chaboo
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Thogey » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:41 am

What is the temperature out there?

Are we pullin silvers dolls in at spot? How about peace dollars?

Theory: Silver has "capitulated" when silver dollars reach spot.?

I think silver dollars have been a great stabilizing opportunity over the past 10 years.

I recommend pre-1935 silver dollars. :thumbup:
Thogey

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:39 am

Thogey wrote:What is the temperature out there?

Are we pullin silvers dolls in at spot? How about peace dollars?

Theory: Silver has "capitulated" when silver dollars reach spot.?

I think silver dollars have been a great stabilizing opportunity over the past 10 years.

I recommend pre-1935 silver dollars. :thumbup:

Premium is still stupid high. I don't play ball there anymore. Shame too, nobody likes morgans more than I.....well maybe NDFarmer is a close.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Thogey » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:46 pm

A guy at the local flea market had a variety of conditions and dates @ $22 each
Thogey

Postby Natchez14 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:19 am

Commons seem to have fallen a bit. I see them from time to time around $18.
Natchez14
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Thogey » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:51 pm

We're gonna find out what morgans sell for during my NYE auction coming up.
Thogey

Postby silverkid » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:24 am

I just picked up a fist-full for 16 each. All Morgans except one was a peace. Nice deal
silverkid

Postby Thogey » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:54 am

$19 at our swap meet for AU 21s and average pre 21. The price seems stable. Kind of a stop loss verses spot.
Thogey

Postby smackvay » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:48 pm

I just sold 200 Morgans for $18.75 each run of the mill Morgans a few au coins in the lot also.
WVU fan thru and thru, Just ask i will tell you
smackvay
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:22 am

I know of someone who deals in large quantities of coins. Here are his buy prices for common Morgans...

Pre-21:
Culls (but no holes) $15.00 (1921: $13.50)
G/VG (light problems ok) $17.50
VG-VF $22.00 (1921: $16.00)
XF $24.00
AU/Unc. $28.00
BU $31.00

Of course the seller needs to pay freight to ship to him. I don't have his sell prices- maybe he's not really selling at the current time. He doesn't have a walk in shop, even though he deals in very large quantities. Need to keep his name a secret for now.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby Thogey » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:32 am

I can get nice morgans for 21 and peace dollars for 17
Thogey

Postby Recyclersteve » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:11 pm

Recyclersteve wrote:I know of someone who deals in large quantities of coins. Here are his buy prices for common Morgans...

Pre-21:
Culls (but no holes) $15.00 (1921: $13.50)
G/VG (light problems ok) $17.50
VG-VF $22.00 (1921: $16.00)
XF $24.00
AU/Unc. $28.00
BU $31.00

Of course the seller needs to pay freight to ship to him. I don't have his sell prices- maybe he's not really selling at the current time. He doesn't have a walk in shop, even though he deals in very large quantities. Need to keep his name a secret for now.

Here is an update of the prices being paid about 1 1/2 years after my original posting:

Pre-21:
Culls (but no holes) $15.00 (1921: $13.50) (Peace: $13.25)
Worse than culls $12.50
VG (light problems ok) $17.00
VG-VF $20.00 (1921: $16.75) (Peace: $14.00)
XF $22.50
AU $27.00
AU/Unc. $29.00
BU $31.00
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby Thogey » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:16 am

Where are we on these boys? what price are you buying?
Thogey

Postby smackvay » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:51 am

Thogey wrote:Where are we on these boys? what price are you buying?

I bought some the other day for $20
Nothing special run of the mill coins
smackvay
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Thogey » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:54 am

Not bad. they melt today at $21
Thogey

Postby fasteddy » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:22 am

I have a little more than a dozen Morgan's coming in the mail soon for $22 and change.
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby smackvay » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:50 pm

Thogey wrote:Not bad. they melt today at $21

silver wasnt as high it was more around 23.50 or so
smackvay
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Previous

Return to USA Numismatics