Coin Show Announcements

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

Re: Coin Show Announcements

Postby highroller4321 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:20 pm

Anyone going to the Baltimore coin show in 2 weeks?
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby coindood » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:00 am

This is sort of an anti-announcement.

We were spoiled here in Las Vegas. Bick International would host several coin & stamp shows per year, but in the last year or so, attendance seemed to dwindle. Shows were hastily moved to new venues, and after awhile only a handful of stalwart dealers remained.

Around now I usually receive a postcard reminder of upcoming shows, but a quick look at their website confirmed the sad news that the shows have been discontinued as of Feb 1st.

We'll still have the Las Vegas Numismatic Society's yearly trio of shows (it looks like they've added a 4th next month) but I'll miss the Mom & Pop atmosphere of Israel Bick & Lorraine Pollack.
coindood
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Market Harmony » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:45 am

coindood wrote:This is sort of an anti-announcement.

We were spoiled here in Las Vegas. Bick International would host several coin & stamp shows per year, but in the last year or so, attendance seemed to dwindle. Shows were hastily moved to new venues, and after awhile only a handful of stalwart dealers remained.

Around now I usually receive a postcard reminder of upcoming shows, but a quick look at their website confirmed the sad news that the shows have been discontinued as of Feb 1st.

We'll still have the Las Vegas Numismatic Society's yearly trio of shows (it looks like they've added a 4th next month) but I'll miss the Mom & Pop atmosphere of Israel Bick & Lorraine Pollack.

Small coin shows are dying around the country. Several things are causing this in my opinion:
1) generation shift in the market and the marketers
2) precious metal market fluctuations
3) online availability
4) household economics of the coin collecting demographic

Large coin shows don't seem to be as affected.
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Postby daviscfad » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:47 pm

And dont forget, pcgs and NgC are taking millions out of the coin market on grading fees
Spencer Davis

Learning, Turning, & Earning

inquiring minds want to know!

Old Feedback Thread
daviscfad
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:42 am

Late to this, but apparently the newer Summer FUN show is back in Orlando, 6-8 July at end of this week.

http://www.funtopics.com/content/PDF/Su ... rogram.pdf
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby highroller4321 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:13 am

Anyone going to the coin show in Denver next week?
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby fasteddy » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:38 am

October 26-28...Thursday thru Saturday. Is you?

When is the FUN show in January? hopefully not the last TX deer season weekend.
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby highroller4321 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:18 pm

fasteddy wrote:October 26-28...Thursday thru Saturday. Is you?

When is the FUN show in January? hopefully not the last TX deer season weekend.

Yes, I am going. I will also be at the FUN show in January! Jan 4-7 is when the show is. I will be there Jan 3rd and leaving the morning of the 6th.
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby cooyon » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:25 pm

The PAN show is Oct 26-28 in Monroeville PA (near Pittsburgh).
cooyon
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby agmoose » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:46 am

FUN returns to Tampa in January. 4th though 7th I believe. Any other Floridians planning a visit? I'll probably be there most of the day either Friday or Sunday.
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:39 am

Can't say not for sure, but most likely not. In 2019 it reverts back to Orlando (hard to believe that time has flown so quickly) and I'll probably try to go then.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby highroller4321 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:56 pm

agmoose wrote:FUN returns to Tampa in January. 4th though 7th I believe. Any other Floridians planning a visit? I'll probably be there most of the day either Friday or Sunday.

I will be there Wed-Sat morning. We should grab a bite.
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby agmoose » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:08 pm

highroller4321 wrote:
agmoose wrote:FUN returns to Tampa in January. 4th though 7th I believe. Any other Floridians planning a visit? I'll probably be there most of the day either Friday or Sunday.

I will be there Wed-Sat morning. We should grab a bite.

Once I firm up what day I'll be attending, I'll PM you. I am hoping to fill a couple of SLQ and Merc album holes. Usually I do pretty well at FUN being able to find 3 or 4 examples of a date I like and then getting the right coin at the right price.
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby ihavecoins » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:59 pm

New Bedford Coin club show - SUNDAY, APRIL 29, 2018 9am - 2pm

Please come to my table - Rod Crochiere "I Have Coins"

COIN CLUB SHOW
The Coin Club of Greater New Bedford holds a coin show in the months that have 5 Sundays. The show is on the 5th Sunday of the month. The show opens to the public at 9AM sharp and closes at 2PM, or thereabouts. There are usually 25-30 tables of vendors.

DEALERS: Patti Bourgeois is the Bourse Manager. For more information about participating in the show please contact Patti at 508.679.5910.

Our coin shows include FREE ADMISSION, free parking, the gift of a wooden nickel to every attendee, the opportunity to participate in a raffle (you do not have to be present to win), with very nice numismatically-related prizes!

​NEXT COIN SHOW: SUNDAY, APRIL 29, 2018
V.F.W. POIRIER POST 3260
281 APPLETON STREET, NEW BEDFORD, MA, 02745

Directions:
From Boston: Rte 24 south to Rte 140 south. Take Rte.18 Ashley Blvd. exit 4. Follow Ashley Blvd. approx. 1 mile (be sure to bear right at Pa Raffa's Restaurant). Take right onto Appleton St.

From Providence: Rte 195 east to Rte 140 north. Take King's Highway-Acushnet exit 4, and bear left. Follow for three sets of lights. Left onto Ashley Blvd. (Rte. 18) Approx. 1/8 mile, Appleton St. is on left.

From Cape Cod: Bourne Rotary to Rte 495 north to 195 west to Rte 140 north. Take King's Highway-Acushnet exit 4, and bear left. Follow for three sets of lights. Left onto Ashley Blvd. (Rte. 18) Approx. 1/8 mile, Appleton St. is on left.

2018 SCHEDULE:
APRIL 29, 2018
JULY 29, 2018
SEPTEMBER 30, 2018
DECEMBER 30, 2018
www.ihavecoins.com
Buying and selling numismatic and bullion
ihavecoins
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Coin Show Announcements - 2019 FUN Orlando

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:42 pm

Anyone going? Back in Orlando this year and I plan to go on Friday 11 Jan, midday at least.

http://www.funtopics.com/fun-convention.html
68Camaro

Postby coindood » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:02 pm

My first COVID coin show where I actually attended. Got a mailer invite from a regular dealer and this was all I was allowed to do. Yup, you can browse for an hour but no more. I can spend an hour just looking thru bulk bins. Did a cursory look around (10 or so dealers) then left. :thumbdown:
coindood
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Changechecker » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:02 pm

Is this the new normal? There haven't been any coin (or antique) shows around in a year.
Changechecker
Penny Collector Member

Postby Market Harmony » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:43 pm

PAN coin show in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania May 6,7,8
https://pancoins.org/
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Previous

Return to USA Numismatics