Pink gold coin

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

Pink gold coin

Postby hobo finds » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:27 am

hobo finds
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Pink gold coin

Postby Robarons » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:30 pm

Interesting- wonder what the AGW will be on these. At that percentage it will make it less to a standard $5 gold unless they make the coin bigger or heavier.

I have a .750 fine gold coin from some Caribbean country that is white gold. Looks cool however is kinda gimmicky and I do not like the lower purities they had to pull to change the color
Robarons
Post Hoarder

Postby johnbrickner » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:07 am

Reminds me of the Black Hills gold jewelry at 14 karat
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:45 am

What's the dealio? (bad reference to the singer known as Pink)
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Know Common Cents » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:23 pm

My understanding is that the pink gold is a different blend of PMs to make that happen. The pink blend, however, results in a coin that looks sharp, but has a lower actual gold content than the actual mint standards we're accustomed to. These are not reduced in price to reflect the lower gold content. Buyer beware!
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to USA Numismatics