Missed Out on Wheaties and Buffalo Nickels

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

Missed Out on Wheaties and Buffalo Nickels

Postby Recyclersteve » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:26 pm

I was at a bank Friday and asked for my usual halves and Ike dollars. The teller told me he normally worked at a branch about 3 miles away and they had just gotten "a bunch" of wheat cents and buffalo nickels. Since there was only about 10 minutes till closing and that particular branch wasn't open on Saturdays anymore, I decided I better go quickly to have a chance.

So I drove well north of the speed limit to get there before 6pm. The bank said "Too bad, someone already came by and took them all." Nobody could tell me how many, but the original teller merely said "a bunch".

I'll probably never know what I missed. I can't help but believe that someone passed away and the widow was taking the coin collection to the bank just to get rid of it.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to USA Numismatics