1st for me

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

1st for me

Postby AdamsSamoa » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:19 pm

Found a war cent in change over the weekend. I got it in change at a drive thru. I looked at my change and saw it was a wheat cent and tossed it in my cup holder. I just thought that it had some funky white stuff on it. I did not look at the date until I got home. First for me!!
AdamsSamoa
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: 1st for me

Postby aloneibreak » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:23 pm

sweet !

:thumbup:

coin counter magnets usually snag most of them
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:28 pm

I truly think that it is easier to find an Indian Head cent in the wild than it is a war cent. Nice going.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Numis Pam » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:35 pm

Congrats! Always exciting to find steels, copper wheats and indian cents for sure!"
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby NotABigDeal » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:22 am

Good snag. Still cool things to be found out there.

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

Control your kids and your crazy ass relatives, leave my guns alone.

TTS 10/30/60-10/25/13 Dad.
NotABigDeal

Postby natsb88 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:48 am

Nice find! I found a war nickel emptying my pocket one day last week. It either came from the hoagie shop or the gas station. I didn't look closely at my change at either place. Had a similar experience about a year ago. Found a war nickel in my pocket change at the end of the day, but wasn't sure where it came from :lol:
natsb88

Return to USA Numismatics