more small dollar coins starting in 2018

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

more small dollar coins starting in 2018

Postby hobo finds » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:17 pm

hobo finds
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: more small dollar coins starting in 2018

Postby coindood » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:42 pm

Thanks for the links.

Putting aside its questionable nature (Do we need yet another commemorative series? Will we even need coins in 2032?) that Statue of Liberty obverse has the most open field area I've ever seen on a US coin. It almost looks unfinished. No stars? Rays? Something?
coindood
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby TXSTARFIRE » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:20 pm

Will this be another NIFC coin?
TXSTARFIRE
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Mercuryman » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:27 pm

These dollar coins crack me up. I don't know anyone that really uses them or collects them. They were only fun when you could buy them on a credit card for cash back or points. I find them quite often in foreign coin bins.

Ecuador will be happy!
Mercuryman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:09 am

Does this mean, for instance, that the coin from Michigan might depict Henry Ford and the automobile? One for every state- wow, that might be tough. I imagine some states will have some very obscure inventions.

Hey, California invented the drive by shooting! :) Now that would make for one interesting looking coin.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby hobo finds » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:47 am

TXSTARFIRE wrote:Will this be another NIFC coin?

Yep. I would like to buy some and set them free...
hobo finds

Postby hobo finds » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:51 am

Recyclersteve wrote:Does this mean, for instance, that the coin from Michigan might depict Henry Ford and the automobile? One for every state- wow, that might be tough. I imagine some states will have some very obscure inventions.

Hey, California invented the drive by shooting! :) Now that would make for one interesting looking coin.

Yep, each of the 50 states, the District of Columbia and the five U. S. territories – Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and the Northern Mariana Islands.
hobo finds

Postby SilverBandit22 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:28 am

So these come out tomorrow, anyone planning on picking them up? It seems somewhat interesting but, I'm kinda hoping it flops and a can scoop some up later for cheap.
SilverBandit22

Postby hobo finds » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:15 pm

hobo finds

Postby everything » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:30 pm

100 coin bag 111.95. unlimited mintage. So they are almost giving them away again. Features a new common obverse.

I don't get why they are doing this, people don't want $1 coins, do they? Why won't they put some au/ag in them so they have some collectability. The last releases of these just had lower mintages going forward and the government has to pay to store them all like they did the old silver dollars as they were scammed by all the CC give back purchases.

Are they secretly planning on stopping the $1 paper bill in the future? Rerun of the state quarter program, in dollar form, hoping for a big sell..
everything
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby hobo finds » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:49 am

hobo finds

Postby JadeDragon » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:42 am

Dollar Canadian Loonie coins are widely used, but the Govt stopped making dollar bills. By 2032 surely the US will do likewise and dollar coins will circulate. There must be more then enough minted already to meet demand. In WA State when I ask for 1/2 dollars sometimes I'm offered small dollars so I presume they don't see much circulation now. The design of the intro coin on the innovation series looks nice. I might sort thru $1 to create a set when I visit banks with few or no halves to sell. Give me something to look at and trade for halves at the next bank. I wonder about getting "stuck" with Loonies though when looking at US dollar coins. I never see US dollar coins in Canadian change, even though they are pretty much identical size, so I wonder if the Canadian coins so up in the states?
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby hobo finds » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:59 am

Anyone buying the American Innovation small dollar coins?
hobo finds

Postby Recyclersteve » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:13 am

hobo finds wrote:Anyone buying the American Innovation small dollar coins?

I won't pay more than face value unless there is some tiny mintage or an error like the 2004 Wisconsin Extra Leaf quarters. Frankly, I don't consider them to be a good investment at all. Someone who uses eBay a lot and is very nimble might be able to make some money, but probably not that much when you deduct eBay fees, postage and shipping supplies used.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby hobo finds » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:10 pm

hobo finds

Postby hobo finds » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:19 am

hobo finds

Return to USA Numismatics