20 Years of State Quarters...Enough is Enough!

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

Re: 20 Years of State Quarters...Enough is Enough!

Postby Doctor Steuss » Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:55 am

JadeDragon wrote:State quarters are plentiful and don't go up in value. So what? They are fun to look at and to collect. They serve an educational purpose in informing Americans what the names of the states are and some interesting sights or facts about them. The US Mint does not exist to make coin collectors rich - they are both a profit making business and a tool for the Govt to accomplish various goals.

I love the concept of utilizing currency as an educational vehicle. I don't know how effective it is, but currency is going to be produced regardless, so a secondary potential purpose is fantastic.

Now, if we could just get back to the beauty of "educational" notes.

"Deferential, glad to be of use, Politic, cautious, and meticulous; Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse; At times, indeed, almost ridiculous— Almost, at times, the Fool." ~Eliot
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby hobo finds » Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:36 pm

Yep old bills are cool, nowadays imagine what history would be printed on new bills? I vote for a picture of a pink eraser on the back of the bill. Lol
hobo finds
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Recyclersteve » Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:08 am

Silver quarters and the Wisconsin extra leafs are the only ones I care about. And I haven’t even heard much about the Wisconsin errors in years. I remember when Q. David (Dave) Bowers was saying this was one of the most exciting things he’d seen in his lifetime. And then… crickets.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby hobo finds » Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:28 pm

Recyclersteve wrote:Silver quarters and the Wisconsin extra leafs are the only ones I care about. And I haven’t even heard much about the Wisconsin errors in years. I remember when Q. David (Dave) Bowers was saying this was one of the most exciting things he’d seen in his lifetime. And then… crickets.

Yep could get lucky and find silver proof quarters. And yes lots of errors on the State, Territory, Park and some I am sure on Women's sets
hobo finds

Postby hobo finds » Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:01 pm

The more I think about the quarters with so many different varieties of the back, it would seem like you could get some nifc clad s mints, errors and of course hope for silver proofs of the modern stuff. And you know of the silver 40% bicentennial one not sure how you figure that one out though.
hobo finds

Previous

Return to USA Numismatics