2019 w quarter

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

2019 w quarter

Postby hobo finds » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:25 pm

hobo finds
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: 2019 w quarter

Postby highroller4321 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:33 pm

Its too bad that someone from this group did not get the $5k reward that PCGS was offering.
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby TXSTARFIRE » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:04 am

I have found 5 of the W Lowell quarters now, see my post in 2019 first to find thread.
TXSTARFIRE
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:14 am

I can't believe this coin hasn't gotten more attention at this point. I heard nothing about it till now and it appears to be way better than the 2009 nickels. I'm gonna check some banks in the next week or two and see what I can find. I will report back anything significant.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby fasteddy » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:14 pm

With only ten million minted for circulation....isn't this the coin we should be searching for? I know I am going to be looking for it.
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby ScrapMetal » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:06 am

The intent was good but execution by the US Mint was terrible.
The dealers and scalpers have ruined it.
I got a few rolls of 2019 quarters but didn't find any W's.

I doubt after the dust settles these will be worth very much.

I would venture that the 2019 W penny will have less mintage and be
more sought after.

In the beginning during the GACH week, I was excited to find even one,
but now don't care one bit and have lost interest. Just the opposite effect
the US Mint had hoped for.

Also, many uneducated have been paying huge premiums for these W quarters,
and when they realize their "investment' has dropped 90%, they too will be turned
against "coin collecting", and probably any one associated with the hobby.
ScrapMetal
Penny Collector Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:16 pm

Another way to look at this-- there are plenty of NIFC (not intended for circulation) Kennedy halves minted since 2002 that have mintages of roughly 1.5 to 3 million coins. Yet I see very little demand for them. That's sad, as they are quite hard to find and have been released every year for 17 years now.

Unfortunately, that, and the fact the 2019-W quarters are selling cheap on eBay (One sold on 4/25/19 for 99 cents and that INCLUDED SHIPPING!) makes for an investment where people may have to be patient to do well.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Return to USA Numismatics