Possible Strong Ike Demand (Northern Kentucky)

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

Possible Strong Ike Demand (Northern Kentucky)

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:09 pm

I just came back home from a trip to the Cincinnati, OH area. As the Cincinnati airport is located in Hebron, KY (northern KY), I decided to stop by a few banks and Coinstars on the way to the airport.

At one bank (sorry- don't remember the bank or city, but it was between Cincy and the airport) a teller told me something interesting. I asked for half dollars and "the big dollar coins" as I often do. His words were essentially the following:

"Good luck getting the Ike dollars. They are really hard to get. I have 2-3 people calling per day for those. When I get them some people even offer premiums for me to set them aside until they can get here. They go REALLY QUICKLY whenever I get them." And yes, he used the term Ike dollars.

So, for anyone in that area, if you have some Ike dollars, you might be able to move them and get a decent premium. Alternatively, if you are looking to buy them, you might consider getting some in a different area or while traveling if possible or even from this site! Good luck to the Ike folks out there.

P.S. I also went to PA, WV and IN on the same trip.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to USA Numismatics