Anyone remember this?

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

Anyone remember this?

Postby coindood » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:04 pm

Back in the late 1990s I bought my first slabbed coins from (I believe) an online auction house, and I just can't remember the name of it. The main thing I recall was making my bids by phone, since my online capabilities back then were "view only" (it was called WebTV). They were pretty big company with a large inventory and would hold twice-weekly auctions, or maybe they were weekly, I can't fully remember.

They were really great and since I'm getting tired of FeeBay I was curious if they were still in biz. Anyone know?
coindood
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Anyone remember this?

Postby Saabman » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:51 am

Was it Auction network? They did coins and property (and jewelry)? I think they were out of FLA?
Cerca Trova!!!

Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think.
-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby coindood » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:09 am

Saabman wrote:Was it Auction network? They did coins and property (and jewelry)? I think they were out of FLA?

I think they did move into gems after awhile, but Auction Network doesn't ring a bell. Thx for the guess.
coindood
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby coindood » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:04 pm

Found the answer in a 2007 issue of Coin World.

It's TeleTrade.

Seems like Stacks & Bowers either bought them out or are in process of doing same. Website looks under construction.
coindood
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to USA Numismatics