E-bay market for ASEs

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

E-bay market for ASEs

Postby Thogey » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:38 am

Last edited by Thogey on Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: This Ugly 2005 ASE sold for $50 on e-bay

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:41 pm

My guess is that it sold to someone who has seen the prices that Morgan Dollars with toning fetch. They probably thought that the same principle would transfer over to ASE's. Nope- it sure doesn't.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Here another toned ASE sold for $60+ ship

Postby Thogey » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:14 am

The ASE market on e-bay is good. Today the vast majority of ASE sales were well over $26 per coin for most coins that sold.

Uncertified ASEs 26+ per coin (shipped) You would have to sell your coin for about $28 to clear $20, assuming a $4 shipping charge.

But some ASEs with unusual characteristics are carrying huge premiums.

There was a member, years ago, Beau from Lousiana. He pm'ed me complaining his ASEs were all stained blue because Katrina flooded his safety deposit boxes at the bank. He was highly bummed about this.

So now we live in a time where toliet paper is many times more valuable than oil and toned ASES sell for 4X melt.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1990-1-UNC-MS- ... SwXvdamcQ2
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Return to USA Numismatics