Help Please

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

Help Please

Postby nubktobk » Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:19 pm

Need help trying to find out value of this coin.

Thanks in advance

lin 1.jpg
lin 1.jpg (387.48 KiB) Viewed 1623 times

Lin 2.jpg
Lin 2.jpg (190.77 KiB) Viewed 1624 times

lin 3.jpg
lin 3.jpg (441.47 KiB) Viewed 1624 times

lin 4.jpg
lin 4.jpg (248.63 KiB) Viewed 1624 times
nubktobk

Re: Help Please

Postby nubktobk » Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:34 pm

I can't find anything on this coin.

Would anyone like to make an offer?
nubktobk

Postby coppernickel » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:56 pm

NGC coin lookup shows every thing you have.

https://www.ngccoin.com/certlookup/3181328-001/66/

Again they have no estimated value.

The disclaimer is interesting:

"Copper Coins Notice: Coins made of copper, bronze, brass or are copper-plated can change over time. Accordingly, with regard to copper, bronze, brass or copper-plated coins graded by NGC, the grade portion will no longer apply after the 10 year anniversary of their date of encapsulation by NGC. This coin was encapsulated on 4/20/2009 and the grade guarantee will expire on 4/20/2019. If the grade guarantee has not expired, it may be extended by submitting the coin under NGC's ReHolder service tier. If the grade guarantee has expired, the coin will be treated as a raw (ungraded) submission if resubmitted to NGC. "

I bet the story to get the coin was interesting.
Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Changechecker » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:46 pm

Have you checked fee bay for comps. The presidency series was very popular when it came out. Being an anniversary coin the mint did a great job promoting it and kept the mintages low. Unopened boxes and BU rolls were bringing crazy premiums. Some as collectibles others looking for errors. I remember for a year or two after release some errors were bringing good money. Now it seems destined for history. Someone always wants bragging rights so if you don't want it maybe you could trade it for something of equal value (Whatever you have in it).
Changechecker
Penny Collector Member

Postby nubktobk » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:36 am

I bought this on ebay long ago. It is time for it to be sold or traded. I can't find anything like it to compare.

Also I didn't know that NGC only stands 10 years behind this grading.
nubktobk

Postby coppernickel » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:26 pm

nubktobk wrote: NGC only stands 10 years behind this grading.

That was a big supprise. The reason to pay them is to preserve the coin. The 10 year expiration date is unreasonable to me.
Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby nubktobk » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:47 pm

coppernickel wrote:
nubktobk wrote: NGC only stands 10 years behind this grading.

That was a big supprise. The reason to pay them is to preserve the coin. The 10 year expiration date is unreasonable to me.

Couldn't agree with you more
nubktobk

Postby Morsecode » Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:53 pm

So...does PCGS have a similar copper disclaimer?

Never heard of this til now.
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to USA Numismatics