If they impeach former President Trump

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

If they impeach former President Trump

Postby hobo finds » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:06 pm

If they impeach former President Trump will they make a Presidential dollar coin after he passes away? They made one for Nixon but he was pardoned I believe. What do you think?
hobo finds
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: If they impeach former President Trump

Postby Mercuryman » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:03 pm

hobo finds wrote:If they impeach former President Trump will they make a Presidential dollar coin after he passes away? They made one for Nixon but he was pardoned I believe. What do you think?

No
Mercuryman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Morsecode » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:56 pm

I believe they have no choice in the matter. He was elected, he served. He gets a coin.

Old Tippicanoe only lasted what? 30 days? He got a coin.

The other guy who was impeached got a coin.

The Kenyan will get a coin and he was totally illegitimate. As is Jhou Xiden.

Of course, this assumes cancel culture doesn't demand all racist white guy presidential dollars be recalled and melted down.
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:32 pm

Nixon wasn't impeached, he resigned.

Trump has been impeached twice now - obviously not convicted the first time. The second trial will remain a constitutional debate for some time, as to whether or not it is legal to have a Presidential impeachment trial after the person has left office, as the purpose and penalty for conviction is removal from office, so how can you have a trial on removing someone from office who is already out of office. Justice Roberts, for all his wishy-washy-ness, has already weighed in on that to some extent by refusing to preside over the trial.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby thecrazyone » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:37 pm

I can't tell you how many times I almost bought one of those Trump $20's and passed.

I also can't believe how badly he made himself look, even more toward the end :(
Author: Bring CHANGE Into Your Life (A Truly Easy Investment Tool)
https://www.amazon.com/Bring-CHANGE-Int ... 1077276869
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Return to USA Numismatics