Any Interest in Currency?

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

Any Interest in Currency?

Postby Recyclersteve » Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:58 pm

ANY INTEREST IN CURRENCY?

NOTE: Almost everything referred to herein is a U.S. $1 bill. Years can be used to indicate any Silver Certificates.

So, I’m gonna keep this short but will give more info (including all serial numbers) upon request. Just trying to be efficient.

MY LOT:

128- $1 phone number bills ($128 face)
21- other misc. $1 bills ($21 face)
10- STAR NOTES- more details as needed ($10 face)
4- $5 total bills ($20 face)
2- $10 total bills ($20 face)
1- $100 bill ($100 face)
TOTAL- $299 FACE

Minimum acceptable for lot: $350 firm.

If anyone sees any typos or reason that I’m selling way to cheap, please be kind enough
Will consider partial deals. Please have minimum (profit for me) of $20. I’m just too busy with other stuff (and my wife and daughter) to get excited about less than that.

If there is sincere interest, I will re-route this to the marketplace for official sale- just not ready now.

Assume average circulated condition. Any holes, tears, handwriting or other significant negatives will be noted. I have very little buy/sell activity on this site, but have been a member for over 11 years with over 3,500 postings.

Most of the notes are special numbers such as dates:

Made up examples:

01011975 (January 1, 1975)
Repeaters such as

PHONE NUMBER NOTES: These typically have the leading digit as zero as phone numbers are 7-digits (without the area code). If you call the number on the note (especially if a home owner or small business), this might be worth trying. I totally get that MANY hate Robocalls and calls selling something. Some might think your bill is likely counterfeit if it is THEIR phone number- I’d offer to meet them at a local coin dealer. Of course, I’d be certain to clearly communicate with the dealer so they know when to expect me.

Examples:
A 09847647 G (phone: 984-7647)
L 05190971 G (phone: 519-0971)

LOW SERIAL NUMBERS:
F 00030741 B ($1 Series 2006)

An example:

$1 STAR NOTE:
s/n K 06409220 * (Series 2017) (Dallas) (this is the real info)

There are almost NO truly crisp notes. These almost all came from circulation.

Steve Moore
Phoenix, AZ
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to USA Numismatics