Why suddenly more D coins on the East Coast?

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

Why suddenly more D coins on the East Coast?

Postby thecrazyone » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:02 am

I can say that in most of my time collecting coins in Delaware, I'd hardly EVER see any D coins. But suddenly, they now show up a lot in change from local banks and Wal-Mart. Any theories on why?
Author: Bring CHANGE Into Your Life (A Truly Easy Investment Tool)
https://www.amazon.com/Bring-CHANGE-Int ... 1077276869
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Re: Why suddenly more D coins on the East Coast?

Postby Silver4face » Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:17 pm

I am also on the east coast. I cannot comment on quarters or dimes; however, I find lots of D pennies and D nickels simply by sorting lots of rolls. I recently bought a full roll of 1971D and a roll of 1972D from a bank. The rolls, which were customer wrapped,, were marked that way and I still opened them to verify. Nothing wrong with D mints, but I prefer S mints.
Buy rolls NOW while you still can!
Silver4face
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Why suddenly more D coins on the East Coast?

Postby TXSTARFIRE » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:39 am

Not sure how coin distribution is done, but in Minnesota I mostly see coins from Denver. That seems to make sense. But there have been certain coins that all I see are P mint marks and cant seem to find a D version. There are a few Kennedy halfs that I always find more P mint marks than D. They must distribute P coins here occasionally.
TXSTARFIRE
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to USA Numismatics