Info on Recent Modern Errors/Rarities

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

Info on Recent Modern Errors/Rarities

Postby Recyclersteve » Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:17 am

Does anyone know of a decent source for info on modern errors and rarities (other than the Redbook)?

I guess I should clarify what I’m looking for. In terms of errors, something like the 2004 Wisconsin extra leaf quarters (Up and Down types) would suffice. Also, the 1972 double die cents.

In terms of “rarities”, something like many of the modern Kennedy halves or 2009 nickels and dimes would seem to fit the bill.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Info on Recent Modern Errors/Rarities

Postby Doctor Steuss » Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:59 am

I really like the Cherry Picker's Guide. Not sure how often it's updated, but looks like a new version is expected 1st of August.

I think my version is has stuff up until 2008. I can see if I can dig it out and double-check when I get home (it's boxed up somewhere).
"Deferential, glad to be of use, Politic, cautious, and meticulous; Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse; At times, indeed, almost ridiculous— Almost, at times, the Fool." ~Eliot
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby JobIII » Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:58 am

It's not an exhaustive list. But does have nice photos of what people are finding and getting graded. NGC variety plus (website).
Follow my blog here: http://xxjobiiixx.blogspot.com
Check here and please remember to follow us also: http://coinwholesales.blogspot.com
Watch my youtube videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/xxJOBIIIxx
JobIII
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:32 pm

Thanks guys. A site with real world market values would be nice.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to USA Numismatics