2023-P Cent Error (VDBV)

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

2023-P Cent Error (VDBV)

Postby Recyclersteve » Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:54 pm

There is a new error from the Philadelphia mint on some of the 2023-P pennies.

It is a VDBV error. In the area near the bottom of the obverse where the designer’s initials (VDB) are, there are some being minted which say VDBV instead of VDB.

I expect prices to be volatile and have no idea how many of these have been minted or what areas they are being found in.

So, even though it sounds exciting, BUYER BEWARE!

I have not yet seen one, but I just found out about it so I haven’t had a chance to look through a bunch of pennies to see how scarce they are.

Has anyone gotten one in circulation yet or even bought one yet? What is everyone hearing about these?
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: 2023-P Cent Error (VDBV)

Postby cwgii » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:42 am

Well, in Tucson. So far I have 150 D, 1P. Not expecting to ever see one.
cwgii
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Saabman » Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:26 am

Thanks for heads up on this error!
Cerca Trova!!!

Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think.
-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby TXSTARFIRE » Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:36 am

First I have heard of it.
TXSTARFIRE
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to USA Numismatics