Value of Sacagawea dollar 2000 D ??

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

Value of Sacagawea dollar 2000 D ??

Postby IdahoCopper » Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:04 pm

I have 4 unopened mint rolls of Sacagawea golden dollar coin, 2000 D.

Can anyone advise me on the present value of an unopened mint roll with 25 coin?

Except for the 8 end-of-roll coins, they will be in UNC/BU condition.

The US Coin Book lists them at $10 each, in MS-65, uncirculated condition.

That just seems crazy high to me.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Re: Value of Sacagawea dollar 2000 D ??

Postby cwgii » Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:37 pm

My lcs would not offer face value.no interest in rolls from the mint.
cwgii
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Recyclersteve » Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:08 pm

I checked with someone who buys lots of different stuff including some that I don’t think is worth more than face value. He’s not interested. Sorry.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby galenrog » Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:40 pm

2000 D? If professionally graded MS-65, they can bring $10 on a good day. Not worth the grading fee, in my opinion. If there are visible die cracks or cuds, then those coins can garner $5-$25. Minor chips? Maybe a buck fifty.

There are those who do look for original mint rolls, but they are hard to find. Take a look at a few dozen coin blogs. You might find a buyer. Who knows? There might be one here.

Time for more coffee.
Mine Gold, Buy Silver. It Fills the Safe Faster.
galenrog
Penny Collector Member

Postby IdahoCopper » Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:35 am

Thank you. I might just break them open and spend them at face.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:40 am

You might consider a flea market or coin club meeting.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Return to USA Numismatics