What do you think about Rob Finds Treasure?

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

What do you think about Rob Finds Treasure?

Postby coindood » Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:37 pm

Does anyone watch his YT videos or live streams? I know Jade Dragon has visited his streams a few times.

I have mixed feeling about him.

Positive

His streams - where he searches boxes of halves alongside his wife Charlani who reads live chat commentary - are entertaining and he seems to be an honest and genuine cointuber with some real passion for and knowledge of the hobby. He offers sound advice and encouragement to other CRHers. Based on the amount he searches, his bank pickup schedule must be grueling. He is making some $$$ from this, auctions and such, but I say good for him turning a hobby into a money-making venture.

Negative

His daily uploaded coin and bill searching videos are somewhat annoying, however. Can't stand how he zooms in and out and back and forth between boxes and finds on the table. It's like he's pushing things into my face. His gravelly voice also gets on my nerves too. Plus, he's gotten to the point, as many YTers do, where his dialogue is extremely repetitive. I swear you could create a bingo card with all his most common phrases. He's also shown to be dismissive of constructive criticism, citing that people don't understand the daily grind of maintaining a YT channel.

I could cover a few more areas but that's a good starter.

Any opinions about him or Cointubers in general?
coindood
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: What do you think about Rob Finds Treasure?

Postby cwgii » Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:14 am

My .02

I have no interest in seeing someone else sort. it's a little like watching paint dry. Just like sports. If I am not doing it,there is little motive for me. That said, I do enjoy ,dive shows in the areas with the corals and schools of colorful fish.
cwgii
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby cwgii » Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:16 am

Oh,i do watch the,shorts on yt. One in particular,. Thecoinchannel.
cwgii
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby coindood » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:27 am

cwgii wrote:Oh,i do watch the,shorts on yt. One in particular,. Thecoinchannel.

Ah, Mr Droopy Eyes. He's annoying too. Lots of his shorts are pretty misleading. He's the human equivalent of those "A fortune in your pocket change" ads.
coindood
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to USA Numismatics