Nobody wants US bonds

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

Nobody wants US bonds

Postby thecrazyone » Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:57 pm

Author: Bring CHANGE Into Your Life (A Truly Easy Investment Tool)
https://www.amazon.com/Bring-CHANGE-Int ... 1077276869
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Re: Nobody wants US bonds

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:32 pm

The sages of yesteryear predicted (10 or 20 or more years ago) that the day would come when they (the Fed) would need to sell but no one would buy, and it looks like we are almost there. QE to infinity. The Fed will be reduced to buying back their own notes with inflated dollars, and that is when the ugly spiral starts and at some point they are powerless to stop it short of a major reset (walking away from the debt, and / or a major war, and / or a dictatorship).
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Nobody wants US bonds

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:46 am

Interesting article to me, and I'm no fixed income expert whatsoever. I'm a stock jockey...
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to USA Numismatics