Rounding out the Dimes

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

Rounding out the Dimes

Postby george454 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:41 pm

Ok I have my Roosevelts done except a few of the "S" proofs, and some of the Mercs that have evaded my good deal radar. So I am looking at trying to round out the dime collection and start the seated liberty collection, got a few for my dansco but have been wondering the lagistics of trying to start the collection. Has anyone here started or finished a collection of Seated Liberties. From what I have seen on ebay and a few of the coin stores around they don't look like a hard set to put togather, my only reservation is that everyone who has a CC thinks they are made of gold.

I would also like to know if anyone has a few doubles of these maybe in a lower grade willing to either trade or offer a reasonable price based on grade to me to get my foot in the door. I am in the process of moving and buying a house right now but the pay rase tied to it is going to make this coin collecting nice. I have looked at the key dates tied to this set and would like to start there first, I would like to get them out of the way however I would not turn down a regular date either.

Please let me know you thoughts on this collection and any limitations tied to the set. This is uncharted ground for me and I dont have access to the greatest of coin shops.
george454
Penny Collector Member

Return to USA Numismatics