What's with the Canadian half dollar?

This forum is for the discussion of Canadian coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

What's with the Canadian half dollar?

Postby uthminsta » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:08 am

I almost never see them in dealer boxes or binders...
uthminsta
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: What's with the Canadian half dollar?

Postby JadeDragon » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:45 pm

There are few out there. While legal tender, they don't circulate at all - even less than US 1/2s. I can't remember ever getting one in change in my life. though I've bought a few from bank tellers that offered them to me.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby frugalcanuck » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:45 pm

The dont circulate much which makes it fun when spending them
"The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled. With something so important, a deeper mystery seems only decent." John Kenneth Galbraith 1975
frugalcanuck
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby wheeler_dealer » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:25 pm

Interested in some? I have a few B.U.
wheeler_dealer
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby frugalcanuck » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:27 pm

I had a $100 bag of uncirc 1999 half dollars but I think im down to about $70ish
"The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled. With something so important, a deeper mystery seems only decent." John Kenneth Galbraith 1975
frugalcanuck
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Canada Numismatics