Franklin got the stamps today.

This forum is for the discussion of Canadian coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

Franklin got the stamps today.

Postby henrysmedford » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:39 pm

Last week Franklin got the left overs from a coin collection that a man was selling at the coin shop. http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=25816 This week the same man left a stamp collection for Franklin. Here is a cover shot and two of the pages.
Untitled by henrysmedford, on Flickr
newfoundland by henrysmedford, on Flickr
ger by henrysmedford, on Flickr
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Franklin got the stamps today.

Postby beauanderos » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:30 pm

oh, man... don't do this to me. I used to love stamp collecting as a kid. I DON'T need two hobbies! :sick:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby henrysmedford » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:44 pm

beauanderos wrote:oh, man... don't do this to me. I used to love stamp collecting as a kid. I DON'T need two hobbies! :sick:

I thought you were a kid.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Taylor3006 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:57 pm

In case yer wondering, the Newfoundland set from 1937 (the top set along with the two near the bottom) has a catalog value of around $33 hinged like they are, retail bout half that. The Coronation issues are about $7 for the set. The Nazi stamps have almost no value, GI's brought them home by the footlocker load. Easy to find in a stamp store's nickel box. Good finds there.

BTW this is a great time for Americans to get into/back into stamp collecting. With the average age of a collector in his 70's, collections are hitting the market like never before. Now the really good stuff gets snatched up quick and for a good price. The common stuff sells for pennies on the dollar and the middle ground material can be had easily for half catalog value. Quite a bit of material is making its way overseas where the hobby is still strong so if you are interested in rekindling yer old hobby, you could do so fairly cheaply.
"Can our form of government, our system of justice, survive if one can be denied a FREEDOM because he might abuse it?" Harlan Carter
Taylor3006

Postby Country » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:52 pm

Welcome to the hobby of stamp collecting! It's just as addictive as coin collecting... If you have questions about the basics, just send me a PM. I've been a member of APS for almost 40 years. :wave:
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby beauanderos » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:34 pm

show us some more pages? pleeeze? :shifty:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby henrysmedford » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:48 pm

Country wrote:Welcome to the hobby of stamp collecting! It's just as addictive as coin collecting... If you have questions about the basics, just send me a PM. I've been a member of APS for almost 40 years. :wave:

This is the 2nd group of stamps Franklin has been gifted ScottyTX gave is to Franklin back in 11 http://www.realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3015&p=25769&hilit=+stamp#p25769 :clap:
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby henrysmedford » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:58 pm

beauanderos wrote:show us some more pages? pleeeze? :shifty:

a by henrysmedford, on Flickr
b by henrysmedford, on Flickr
b by henrysmedford, on Flickr
d by henrysmedford, on Flickr
e by henrysmedford, on Flickr
canada by henrysmedford, on Flickr
henrysmedford