Am I missing something here.

This forum is for the discussion of Canadian coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

Am I missing something here.

Postby henrysmedford » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:19 pm

Each week from the coin shop I buy all the non silver Canadian coinage they brought in. They sell it at a .8 of face .This week they had a bag of about $25 of cents but said I hand to come back in because they needed to pull some of them, When I went back in they had pulled only the 1997-2012 cents but left all the rest. So I got some King George V, King George VI, and up to 1996. They had went as far as tubing by date the 1996-2012 cents. What do they know that I do not know. I asked and did not get an answer.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Am I missing something here.

Postby mtalbot_ca » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:02 pm

The only thing is that younger dates are in better shape. Other than that, I just wished that I had a LCS giving me for 80% of FV older US coins.....

PS: Were they selling the 1996-2012 dates at a higher price? Maybe they had to fill an order?
Common sense should prevail if not, misery will.
mtalbot_ca
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby JerrySpringer » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:34 am

mtalbot_ca wrote:The only thing is that younger dates are in better shape. Other than that, I just wished that I had a LCS giving me for 80% of FV older US coins.....

PS: Were they selling the 1996-2012 dates at a higher price? Maybe they had to fill an order?

Check Ebay to see what Canadian cents are getting in bulk now. This probably does not explain henrysmedford's LCS scenario, but the tell is that Canadian cents should not thrown back into the wild. Shame on me for all the ones I dumped. Only the past year really I started keeping all the Canadians sans the corroded post-1996 ones.
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby scyther » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:14 pm

I can't believe they sell you Canadian copper for under face value...
mtalbot_ca wrote:Maybe they had to fill an order?

That's the only thing I can think of. It's very strange though. Why order only post-96 cents?
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Canada Numismatics