How Will Ft. McMurray affect Canadian Coins?

This forum is for the discussion of Canadian coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

How Will Ft. McMurray affect Canadian Coins?

Postby Recyclersteve » Sun May 15, 2016 1:51 am

I'm curious if anyone from Canada has any insight as to how much the Ft. McMurray fire will affect Canadian coin collectors? For instance, if there is a dealer up there in the burn area who had a boatload of 1925-6 nickels or some other rarity... Any thoughts or is it too early to tell at this point?
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: How Will Ft. McMurray affect Canadian Coins?

Postby pitw » Sun May 15, 2016 7:53 am

I think most everyone in Fort Mac was more interested in folding green cash than anything else. The reality is that what burned up there is a very tiny percent of Canada.
pitw
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Canada Numismatics