Paypal Pipeline

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Paypal Pipeline

Postby IdahoCopper » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:58 am

In the last week or two I noticed that the Paypal pipeline got shorter. For many years, when withdrawing funds from Paypal and electronic transferring them to my bank, it required 2 days to appear in my bank account.

For the last two weeks it only takes one day. Make the transfer by 9pm MT and the funds are available the next day. Even withdrawals on Sunday afternoon now post to my bank by early Monday morning.

This is a structural change to the banking system. It increases the velocity of money. I think it is significant. Any comments?
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Re: Paypal Pipeline

Postby blackrabbit » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:30 am

How much do they charge you to do that?
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby IdahoCopper » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:18 pm

blackrabbit wrote:How much do they charge you to do that?

Its free. I usually txfr money out of PP when there is $200-$450 from my Beefjerky.com. I sometimes transfer out several times per day.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby aloneibreak » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:39 pm

IdahoCopper wrote:In the last week or two I noticed that the Paypal pipeline got shorter. For many years, when withdrawing funds from Paypal and electronic transferring them to my bank, it required 2 days to appear in my bank account.

For the last two weeks it only takes one day. Make the transfer by 9pm MT and the funds are available the next day. Even withdrawals on Sunday afternoon now post to my bank by early Monday morning.

This is a structural change to the banking system. It increases the velocity of money. I think it is significant. Any comments?

that's interesting...

I transferred some out a couple weeks ago and thought it appeared in my bank account sooner

didn't really give it much thought
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby smackvay » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:01 pm

I transferred 5500.00 the other day and it was available within 14 hours
WVU fan thru and thru, Just ask i will tell you
smackvay
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby NHsorter » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:00 am

That's cool. Sometimes companies just improve their services and there is no conspiracy.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:58 am

NHsorter wrote: Sometimes companies just improve their services.

I smell lawsuit resolution written all over this one. There have been numerous class actions against Paypal the last
few years regarding their practice of holding funds as long as 180 days arbitrarily. One reason I refuse to use them.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby NHsorter » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:09 am

beauanderos wrote:

I smell lawsuit resolution written all over this one. There have been numerous class actions against Paypal the last
few years regarding their practice of holding funds as long as 180 days arbitrarily. One reason I refuse to use them.

That makes sense.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby IdahoCopper » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:23 am

beauanderos wrote:

They were only holding funds for that long in disputes, or where transactions looked like fraud. In the case of the normal course of business, it used to take 2 days to txfr to primary banks, and 3 or 4 days to txfr to lesser banks, like credit unions.

I used to have a merchant account for processing CCs, but PP and Google Checkout were just a bit cheaper, and a lot easier. Eventually I stopped using Google Checkout, Google is too much like the Borg.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby silverflake » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:11 am

I noticed this too. I do online surveys through amazon (for pay) and am required to use paypal to transfer my cash. Hate paypal but it is lightning quick process now and I get my stacking money quicker! Take the little things when you can.

Keep stacking!
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby IdahoCopper » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:33 am

Yesterday at 8:57pm MT I started a Paypal transfer to my bank. At 6am this morning it was in the bank. Yesterday, I did 5 transfers ranging from $100 to $495. All arrived this morning.

I have noticed in the past that transfers of more than $500 take several extra days. I'm not sure if that is still the case, I always limit the max size to $495.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby Morsecode » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:55 pm

I must be special. They still take their sweet time with my money.

I transferred $200 last Sat afternoon, and it credited to my checking account late Wed.

I love how they use the "business days" excuse...like electronic transfers are affected in any way by what day of the week it is :x
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby IdahoCopper » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:31 am

I started another transfer at 9:54pm MT last night. It was not there this morning. The cutoff for next-day arrival must be 9:00pm.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions