Liberty Dollar's VonNothous to be sentenced

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Liberty Dollar's VonNothous to be sentenced

Postby blackrabbit » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:50 pm

http://www.coinweek.com/people-in-the-news/bernard-von-nothaus-architect-liberty-dollar-sentenced/

This guy really got railroaded. They even called him a terrorist. I hope he gets off with just some community service like educating people about the monetary system or something.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Re: Liberty Dollar's VonNothous to be sentenced

Postby Morsecode » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:36 pm

I'm confused. Is she talking here about VonNothous or The Fed?

“Attempts to undermine the legitimate currency of this country are simply a unique form of domestic terrorism,”US Attorney Tompkins said in announcing the verdict. “While these forms of anti-government activities do not involve violence, they are every bit as insidious and represent a clear and present danger to the economic stability of this country,” she added. “We are determined to meet these threats through infiltration, disruption and dismantling of organizations which seek to challenge the legitimacy of our democratic form of government.”
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby aloneibreak » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:47 pm

Morsecode wrote:I'm confused. Is she talking here about VonNothous or The Fed?

“Attempts to undermine the legitimate currency of this country are simply a unique form of domestic terrorism,”US Attorney Tompkins said in announcing the verdict. “While these forms of anti-government activities do not involve violence, they are every bit as insidious and represent a clear and present danger to the economic stability of this country,” she added. “We are determined to meet these threats through infiltration, disruption and dismantling of organizations which seek to challenge the legitimacy of our democratic form of government.”

:thumbup:
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby johnbrickner » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:43 pm

VanNothous and Snowden should be national heroes.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:07 pm

This comment came from a thread I started about ISIS minting their own gold, silver and bronze coins.

TwoAndAHalfCents wrote: I now suspect this will be played up by TPTB to portray those who advocate a gold backed currency with terrorism.

This is very interesting.

TwoAndAHalfCents was right on, and it only took a couple days to prove it.

It sounds like "terrorism" is the new "racism". All these jackoffs wore out "racism" so now it's time to refresh the labels a bit.

Let's try it. Let's substitute. The cop who shot Mike Brown is a terrorist. Politicians who want to restrict a women's right to choose are terrorists.

Not funding the federal government hurts women and minorities, it is a terrorist act. TEA party and NRA activists are terrorist. Joe Arpaio is a terrorist.

Al Sharpton is in Ferguson advocating against terrorism.

Hell it does work doesn't it?
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby Thogey » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:27 pm

RE: Obama amnesty/suspending deportations.

Citizens who advocate deporting hard working undocumented "dreamers" are terrorists.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby Morsecode » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:31 pm

Re: terrorism is the new racism.

Hit the nail on the head. These catch phrases get worn out and lose effectiveness over time. Repeated over and over waters them down.

Anyone remember Saturday Night Special? It was the "go to" noun to scare the middle class back in the 60s and 70s. Sometime around 1985 it morphed into Assault Weapon.

But Assault Weapon is starting to lose steam, I think. Not sure how the MSM will replace it but it's ripe for change.
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby TwoAndAHalfCents » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:17 am

Maybe this is just the start of a string of news stories to make their point linking precious metals and terrorism. The attention span of the public is short. They have to move quickly.
TwoAndAHalfCents
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:54 am

But it gets old fast because all those on the other side of those issues are also terrorists.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Thogey » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:19 pm

Re: Congressional Black Caucus hands up don't shoot discussion on the house floor yesterday.

I just heard a congresswoman on the radio say that black youths across the country are victims of state sponsored terrorism.
Thogey

Postby Shazbot57 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:52 pm

Thogey wrote:Re: Congressional Black Caucus hands up don't shoot discussion on the house floor yesterday.

I just heard a congresswoman on the radio say that black youths across the country are victims of state sponsored terrorism.

My advice for the new motto of the Congressional Black Caucas; "PANTS UP, DON'T LOOT!" :evil:
Shazbot57
Penny Collector Member

Postby Thogey » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:14 pm

It's so easy to predict.

At least they are creating a transition.

Next question?

Thogey

Gold Money Is a Terrorist Concept

Postby Thogey » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:11 am

I know we have discussed this before. If you distrust the current system of relying on banknotes and debt back currency you are a terrorist.
This level of propaganda was predicted right here. It's just too easy.

Now it in unmitigated full blown information mind control mode.

Here is an article about how ISIS loves gold money. From non other than CNN

Are YOU obsessed with gold? You have something in common with ISIS.
http://money.cnn.com/2015/12/04/news/wo ... =obnetwork

"These are mere fantasies of returning to a 7th Century point in history when the gold-based economy of the Arab world was at its peak," Reardon said. "It's a real attempt to make ISIS appear as something it is not now -- nor will ever be: a global economic power."

The ISIS fixation with gold is also a recruiting tool. It offers a departure from corrupted, modern Western ways, according to Andreas Krieg, a military scholar who teaches at King's College London in Qatar.
Thogey

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:25 pm

The irony from that article is that they aren't viewing gold as a threat; rather they are making fun of ISIS for using gold rather than banknotes, which they support as far more practical.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby johnbrickner » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:31 pm

Don't know if they are the real thing or not but I found this: http://isis-coins.com/ Only $950 US.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:51 pm

68Camaro wrote:The irony from that article is that they aren't viewing gold as a threat; rather they are making fun of ISIS for using gold rather than banknotes, which they support as far more practical.

I know it. Do these people think ISIS is so stupid they will be unable to print gold certificates redeemable, that they are going to run around with 40 or 50 pounds of gold in their pockets? The world had better stop underestimating these people. Just because they are evil doesn't mean they are idiots.
Thogey

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions