Is Cheap 22lr gone forever?

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Is Cheap 22lr gone forever?

Postby Thogey » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:12 pm

What's it lookin like guys?

223 is back, 45acp is back, 7.62 is back.

9MM, 22LR= 2nd hand with big premium.

Anyone see it different?
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Is Cheap 22lr gone forever?

Postby NHsorter » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:49 am

I see reasonable 9MM at WalMart occasionally now. No reasonable 22s anywhere though. I have not shot 22s in over a year now. Just sitting on my stash until (if) prices return to normal. It's all being hoarded and I think there will be a day when a bunch of these hoards will come back into the market and the deals will abound.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby fasteddy » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:29 am

It comes and goes real fast...our local Bass Pro Shop puts it out in the am and it is gone by 2pm. I have picked up a few boxes for a little above the old price levels. Last 500 count brick was 19.99 of American Eagle 22lr...negative on CCI mini mags 22lr anywhere.
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby natsb88 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:30 am

Slickguns has been posting some reasonable 9mm. 22LR still seems to be scarce and double+ what it was 18 months ago.
natsb88

Postby dirty fingers » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:26 pm

Ive seen prices 'reasonable' (at least not gouging) at cabellas, bass pro and sheels. But you pretty much have to stop by on the way to work each day, just to check. Cabellas has a 100 rnd max. bass pro, a 200. They get shipments in, and they are sold out by 9 to 10 am. There is inventory coming in, it is just snapped up QUICK.
I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lime, ...and a shot of tequila.
dirty fingers
Penny Pincher Member

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:07 pm

Everything is available here in volume and choice except 22lr. There are now limited choices here in 22lr bulk packs but still the smaller packs in less desirable loads and no good discounts. Prices remain higher than a year ago. But give it a few more months. The salesmen I asked this of at gander last week said people are still buying and hoarding 22lr in bulk, but eventually even that will pass when volume catches up.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Kurr » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:01 pm

With such a HUGE demand and product shortage I am surprised we are not seeing a slew of new factories going up.

Seems the market should dictate such a move.
KJV Bible w/ Strong's Concordance: http://www.blueletterbible.org/
The Two Republics: http://www.whitehorsemedia.com/docs/THE ... UBLICS.pdf
Good reading: Frederic Bastiat "The Law" http://bastiat.org/en/the_law.html

A number of people are educated beyond, sometimes way beyond, their intelligence. - Tenbears
Kurr

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:02 pm

I believe the market has correctly assessed the situation as a temporary panic/hoarding which will be (and is) passing in time. No investor in his right mind is going to spend millions in capital to setup a new factory which will only just be starting to come on line just as the 12-18 months of unusual demand come to an end, the other side of which is likely a massive black hole of multiple years of glut until all the billions of rounds of hoarded ammo are finally expended from target practice. Instead they did what they could, going to 24/7/365 operations with what they had until they could catch up. It took a year but they are now mostly caught up. All the 22lr you can stand shouldn't be far away.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby NDFarmer » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:57 pm

68Camaro wrote:All the 22lr you can stand shouldn't be far away.

Hope you are right. There is still nothing available in my area.
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby fasteddy » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:26 am

it sucks to go out into the woods and have to limit your kids plinking....
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby justoneguy » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:22 pm

We still go out and shoot a brick at a time.
When ammo got in short supply I took an inventory of what i have,
and was amazed at the amount of 22lr i stocked.
I'm not in any danger of running out before it's restocked
:shh: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shh:
We can ignore reality but we can’t ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

The truth will set you free,
but first it's really going to piss you off.
justoneguy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Thogey » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:48 am

I just picked up a 1000 rd brick (Winchester 40 grain 1250 fps) at wally world $55 out the door
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby mishra142 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:00 am

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/621437 ... roductLink

1400 rounds here at a reasonable price. Currently on back order but you can place an order limit 1 per customer. I'm in for 1 est. in stock 12/31.
old feedback link:

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=10854
mishra142
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby gubni » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:04 am

mishra142 wrote:http://www.midwayusa.com/product/621437?cm_mmc=S_Spop-Email-_-Service_Emails-_-OrderConfirmation-_-ProductLink

1400 rounds here at a reasonable price. Currently on back order but you can place an order limit 1 per customer. I'm in for 1 est. in stock 12/31.

I just ordered one. Shipping was high and my total price was $81.21 but at least it's something.
"Every man I meet is in some way my superior."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson
gubni
Penny Collector Member

Postby Thogey » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:14 pm

It's getting cheap again. There was a pretty good stack on display at Wal-Mart yesterday. $17.00/500. Middle of the afternoon.
5-6 cent rounds are sitting at my local flea market unsold.
Thogey

Postby Rosco » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:28 pm

I have some 9mm at $9.00 a box the 22 is still close to that for cci

CCI is building a new plant for 22 in Idaho ??
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby NHsorter » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:08 am

Cheap .22? MAGA is achieved!
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:56 pm

NHsorter wrote:Cheap .22? MAGA is achieved!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I had honestly stopped looking. Guess its time to check the local shops. Not TO far from the time I start teaching my oldest how to properly handle a firearm. :)
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:31 am

Wal-mart has all the 500 rd boxes round point you want for under $15 (14.78 rollback). 500 rd boxes every brand stacked.
Thogey

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:12 pm

Thogey wrote:Wal-mart has all the 500 rd boxes round point you want for under $15 (14.78 rollback). 500 rd boxes every brand stacked.

Wow. Took long enough to catch up with demand. 10 years. Wasn't sure we would ever see that price per round again. Just imagine the literal billions of rounds stockpiled as a result. Guess I can go plinking again without worry about replacement! :)
68Camaro

Postby natsb88 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:35 pm

Been quite a while since I looked. Seems to be plentiful online in the $0.03 - $0.04 range too.

https://gun.deals/category/ammo?caliber=3
natsb88

Postby Treetop » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:24 pm

Treetop wrote:
NHsorter wrote:Cheap .22? MAGA is achieved!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I had honestly stopped looking. Guess its time to check the local shops. Not TO far from the time I start teaching my oldest how to properly handle a firearm. :)

I havent even looked for a long while. Might have to go grab a box and start teaching my oldest. On a side note if anyone is looking for a nice beginner rifle I got my son a nice little savage rascal 22lr awhile back. Its a single shot bolt action. I love the thing. As long as you face the round the right way it loads smoothly with ease. Lots of other nice features if you look into it for those just starting out. Its a tiny thing but I love things built to last.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby natsb88 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:01 pm

Treetop wrote:On a side note if anyone is looking for a nice beginner rifle I got my son a nice little savage rascal 22lr awhile back. Its a single shot bolt action. I love the thing. As long as you face the round the right way it loads smoothly with ease. Lots of other nice features if you look into it for those just starting out. Its a tiny thing but I love things built to last.

Nothing wrong with a Savage. I'm partial to the Crickett Rifle and Crickett Precision Rifle (CPR) for youth rifles since we make a few of the components at our shop. The CPR is a little pricier at $200 - $300 retail, but it's a nice package deal, and much easier to load with adult-sized fingers thanks to the new feed ramp. Judging by the number of parts they ordered earlier this year and just reordered, they are selling quite well :shock:

https://www.keystonesportingarmsllc.com ... tt-rifles/
natsb88

Postby knibloe » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:58 pm

natsb88 wrote:
Treetop wrote:On a side note if anyone is looking for a nice beginner rifle I got my son a nice little savage rascal 22lr awhile back. Its a single shot bolt action. I love the thing. As long as you face the round the right way it loads smoothly with ease. Lots of other nice features if you look into it for those just starting out. Its a tiny thing but I love things built to last.

Nothing wrong with a Savage. I'm partial to the Crickett Rifle and Crickett Precision Rifle (CPR) for youth rifles since we make a few of the components at our shop. The CPR is a little pricier at $200 - $300 retail, but it's a nice package deal, and much easier to load with adult-sized fingers thanks to the new feed ramp. Judging by the number of parts they ordered earlier this year and just reordered, they are selling quite well :shock:

https://www.keystonesportingarmsllc.com ... tt-rifles/

I got a cricket for my son a while back. I need to get him a larger one now.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions