No Korea's cyber attack

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Re: No Korea's cyber attack

Postby Treetop » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:47 pm

Against weak enemies sure. those capable of dropping satellites and EMPs, could threaten our entire culture no matter what we spent. Especially when hundreds of millions of warm bodies back them.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby johnbrickner » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:33 pm

Treetop wrote:There is nothing our government could gain from falsely laying blame on NK. <snip>
As corrupt as our country and the west in general has become, loosing this longer struggle against these various tyrannies would make the fascism of the west look benign to say the least. this clash of cultures is far from over.

Interesting thoughts here Treetop. I never thought our govt. was trying to lay false blame. I'm thinking it's very possible they just got it wrong.

Clash of cultures and benign fascism, dropping satellites and EMPs. I'm going to have to think about these for a while.

I recently came across an organization advocating the decentralization of all empire esque countries, ours, China's, and Russia's, for example. I'm liking their long-term big fix to political problems. Decentralizing the power is defusing the threat.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:24 pm

If you ever look into this topic, rather then as suggested, these ideas being banker propaganda, you will find the chineese and russian sources even scarier. As I said the cold war never stopped and its downplayed, in our media not exaggerated. I could never understand the western and US game plan in all this but I think Im starting to get the picture. If I am right it actually better explains some of the recent actions in our country that our government took. That is another topic though. Any war with NK is a war with china and russia, and the threat is indeed legit, spend a little while in their respective medias on the topic if you dont think so and care to know. The cold war never ended.

As corrupt and lopsided as the west as become its still eons better then russia or china. this clash of cultures is FAR from over. You think OUR media is controlled? It is indeed, but go look at the level it is done in china or russia. People who say the wrong things there just go away for good. In russia many reporters and people related to various humans rights causes disappeared were were just shot in their homes as putin rose to power especially. This was barely mentioned in most of the western media although a few sources cover it, humans rights groups mostly. Much of the alternative media seems to think the west are the aggressors, but they apparently arent paying much actual attention to what russia and china are doing and say compared to the west. Russia is as dark as it ever was atm. One random stat, did you know there are basically as many actual slaves in russia today as the height of slavery in the US? It is a bigger country then we were back then of course but still alarming.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby blackrabbit » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:02 pm

How many military bases does the US have abroad?
How many military bases does Russia, China, and N. Korea have abroad put together?
How many foreign wars have these countries engaged in in the last 30 years?
Now how many has the US engaged in?
If you look up the answers to these questions I think it becomes difficult to feel threatened by these bogeymen.

I am sure people in those "bad" countries are heavily fed propaganda about the "horrible" USA and plenty of evil stuff occurs there but the west has the most sophisticated propaganda system ever developed in the history of the world and we got plenty of evil and injustice right here at home to deal with.

When I was in New Jersey last year I saw signs at the train station to keep an eye out for human trafficking and to call a hotline number if you saw anything. I would think there are still plenty of slaves in the USA and most other countries. In my opinion we have plenty of problems here to deal with before we try getting specks out of other people's eyes.

As a side note the US military destroyed almost all of North Korea's cities, towns, and infrastructure during the Korean War so I would think their populace would strongly remember this even without the state propaganda that is fed to them. If even one US city was destroyed by any power in the world even in the past 100 years what would we think of them?
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:39 pm

How many military bases does the US have abroad?
How many military bases does Russia, China, and N. Korea have abroad put together?
How many foreign wars have these countries engaged in in the last 30 years?
Now how many has the US engaged in?
If you look up the answers to these questions I think it becomes difficult to feel threatened by these bogeymen.

None of those questions have much relevance. They have a counter to every technology we have, they have more people to force into war if need be. You call this a "boogeyman", yet these nations themselves are planning for the future with this in mind and their actions make this clear as well as what they say openly in their own media. I know the answers to the questions above but many others as well. Including the constant threats and boasting of counters to what we have.

" I am sure people in those "bad" countries are heavily fed propaganda about the "horrible" USA and plenty of evil stuff occurs there but the west has the most sophisticated propaganda system ever developed in the history of the world and we got plenty of evil and injustice right here at home to deal with."

You put bad in quotes as if russia isnt evil as heck. human rights activists literally get shot in their homes there. They are indeed told of how evil we are, much they are told is in fact true although not always in context. Most americans have little understanding of what is done in our names on various fronts, its considered conspiracy theory to even breech the topic with most. Whether or not we have evil have home is irrelevant in this conversation imo, we have enemies prepping for war, and a increasingly hostile cold war. Our home grown issues are another topic.

"When I was in New Jersey last year I saw signs at the train station to keep an eye out for human trafficking and to call a hotline number if you saw anything. I would think there are still plenty of slaves in the USA and most other countries. In my opinion we have plenty of problems here to deal with before we try getting specks out of other people's eyes."

We do have thousands of slaves here, but a tiny fraction of what russia has. Here our gov fights to end it, in russia those fighting to end it were killed seemingly by their own gov., which whether or not that is true, they certainly havent slowed it down at all. I never mentioned getting a speck out of their eyes, I mentioned the growing and increasingly hostile cold war the north korea is basically a pawn in.

" As a side note the US military destroyed almost all of North Korea's cities, towns, and infrastructure during the Korean War so I would think their populace would strongly remember this even without the state propaganda that is fed to them. If even one US city was destroyed by any power in the world even in the past 100 years what would we think of them?"

A war backed by both russia and china in a much different era. Think whatever you like, but dont be shocked if a real world war starts. The cold war never ended, and as bad as many western actions have been if you think russias have been better you are very confused and likely reading a bit to much russian influenced alternative media. Go look at what happened to all those russians who thought that when the soviet union had broken up things would change, hint- most of them are dead.

You write all this as if Id want war, or think it is ideal. I of course do not, I wrote it as someone who gets interested in various geopolitical issues and then studies them in depth from every possible source. Originally I was curious how the break up of the soviet union had altered russia only to find out the progress made was mostly reversed, and they are now right back into the cold war but much more strategically now. their secret gov as you might call it simply waited and took back over. They never stopped seeing this as a clash of cultures that must culminate in a war to see who owns the future. Our military industrial complex knows this as well, and I am pretty sure I finally understand their strategy but that would be just my educated guesses so I wont go there.

The type of war it would be if it materializes, russia and china are more then capable of fighting with us despite disparities in spending. That is a huge topic by itself.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Previous

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions