Trump

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Re: Trump

Postby frugi » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:21 pm

I am just hoping Trump can fill 3 vacancies in the Supreme Court during his term. We are getting ready to seal up the second. If we can get 1 more, than I believe we are set for the next 30-40 years. We will probably be set the rest of my life as far as 2nd amendment, and other constitutional protections go. If Trump accomplishes absolutely nothing else, but gets his nominations in, he will have saved the future of our country for the next several generations regardless of who or what party becomes president. My only concern would be if some butt hurt political party gains control and legislates some law that calls 4 additional SCOTUS justices, and then nominates 4 left leaning liberal judges to gain control of the Supreme Court. Putting that worse case scenario aside, I am pleased so far, and give Trump an A+ across the board.
https://pre82.com/
SELLING CENTS ^^
frugi
Post Hoarder

Postby bankmining » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:43 pm

frugi wrote:I am just hoping Trump can fill 3 vacancies in the Supreme Court during his term. We are getting ready to seal up the second. If we can get 1 more, than I believe we are set for the next 30-40 years. We will probably be set the rest of my life as far as 2nd amendment, and other constitutional protections go. If Trump accomplishes absolutely nothing else, but gets his nominations in, he will have saved the future of our country for the next several generations regardless of who or what party becomes president. My only concern would be if some butt hurt political party gains control and legislates some law that calls 4 additional SCOTUS justices, and then nominates 4 left leaning liberal judges to gain control of the Supreme Court. Putting that worse case scenario aside, I am pleased so far, and give Trump an A+ across the board.

+1 :clap: on this. If I remember my history correctly, I think FDR tried to "pack the court" during the New Deal by getting new legislation passed to add a new justice whenever a current justice turned 70 years of age and wouldn't retire.
bankmining
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Thogey » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:05 am

Well look back and review. Because here we are again.

How do you guys feel this time?
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:17 am

I was slow to get on the trump train 5 years ago. He had a lot of baggage and his persona didn't come across well. I still do not like some of his Twitter or public statement details, but as far as action taken I have a.difficult time thinking of any result taken that I don't either wholeheartedly or at worst at least partially support. I'm all on board the train this time regardless of any opponent because there is no one else running who is remotely qualified (in my opinion, of course).
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Thogey » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:16 am

The corona virus came at the wrong time for open border advocates. Are we going to wait for that single infected illegal to cross?
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby Thogey » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:27 am

I learned this morning Trump is responsible for the imminent corona virus disaster about to befall us.
Thogey

Postby frugi » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:42 am

Yes. Apparently responsible for it hitting China as well. And of course he is racist, so that helps.
SELLING CENTS ^^
frugi
Post Hoarder

Postby fasteddy » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:09 pm

^^^^^^^ Don't forget...he is a Xenophobe for sure now after shutting off Europe last night.
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby Silver4face » Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:48 pm

BUMP!!!! Trump is running again, and the next "election" is only 6-7 months away. I don't know how many active members we have (I'm guessing 100-300), but there has to be someone looking to respond on this old thread.

I'll put my two cents in since I am responsible for reopening this thread. I like Trump and hope he wins. Unfortunately, the people that I vote for lose 67-75 percent of the time. If this trend continues, the end could be near.
Buy rolls NOW while you still can!
Silver4face
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby thecrazyone » Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:11 pm

I won't be voting for him.

And I won't be voting for Biden, either.
Author: Bring CHANGE Into Your Life (A Truly Easy Investment Tool)
https://www.amazon.com/Bring-CHANGE-Int ... 1077276869
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Postby TXSTARFIRE » Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:41 pm

Trump would not be my first choice but he is the only choice if it comes down to Trump or Biden.
TXSTARFIRE
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby frugi » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:24 pm

Silver4face wrote:BUMP!!!! Trump is running again, and the next "election" is only 6-7 months away. I don't know how many active members we have (I'm guessing 100-300), but there has to be someone looking to respond on this old thread.

I'll put my two cents in since I am responsible for reopening this thread. I like Trump and hope he wins. Unfortunately, the people that I vote for lose 67-75 percent of the time. If this trend continues, the end could be near.

I'm voting for him. I am betting on him, literally. I sold off the rest of most of my crypto recently when it jumped I was done with it really. I still have some, but sold most of it and put the money into gold and silver about 5 weeks ago, then sold some of that last week and bought some DJT stock and pretty much continuing to buy as its falling. maybe it will go up, maybe not. maybe trump will win, maybe not.
SELLING CENTS ^^
frugi
Post Hoarder

Previous

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions