How Americans spent their money in the last 75 years

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

How Americans spent their money in the last 75 years

Postby Copper Catcher » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:45 am

A larger picture can be found by clicking this link:
https://cdn.howmuch.net/content/images/ ... _-f285.jpg
Copper Catcher
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: How Americans spent their money in the last 75 years

Postby daviscfad » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:16 pm

Interesting
Spencer Davis

Learning, Turning, & Earning

inquiring minds want to know!

Old Feedback Thread
daviscfad
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:16 am

One thing about the housing that needs to be considered is that the average house built now is much larger than it was in the 1940's. In warm weather areas they include air conditioning. And they are more likely to include a 2-car garage instead of a carport.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby spacemanX » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:45 pm

great chart, and good pint steve
spacemanX
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Thogey » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:07 pm

Recyclersteve wrote:One thing about the housing that needs to be considered is that the average house built now is much larger than it was in the 1940's. In warm weather areas they include air conditioning. And they are more likely to include a 2-car garage instead of a carport.

It's Totally ridiculous. These Calitards move out here and insist on building these ugly obnoxious mc mansions.

5000 feet for 2 people. Then they bitch and whine about the price of their medicare copay or yardwork :oops:
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby hobo finds » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:36 pm

No more brick houses around here just stucco [shucks] even the $600K ones being built close to the foothills :sick: I guess there is not that many people who still build out of brick could be that there workers cant do it or just stucco and wood frame is faster.
hobo finds

Postby Rosco » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:04 pm

hobo finds wrote:No more brick houses around here just stucco [shucks] even the $600K ones being built close to the foothills :sick: I guess there is not that many people who still build out of brick could be that there workers cant do it or just stucco and wood frame is faster.

The Wire Stucco Frame Builds are better for Earth Quakes.
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions