‘5,500 boxes of gold’ - rumoured to be worth US$133 billion

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

‘5,500 boxes of gold’ - rumoured to be worth US$133 billion

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:18 pm

"Race for Russian warship’s ‘5,500 boxes of gold’ - rumoured to be worth US$133 billion - after wreck found in waters off South Korean island

Divers off the South Korean island of Ulleungdo have discovered the fabled wreck of the Dmitrii Donskoi, a Russian warship that was sunk in 1905 and is rumoured to still contain 5,500 boxes of gold bars and coins said to be worth US$133 billion.

The badly damaged Russian Imperial Navy cruiser was located by manned submersibles at a depth of 434 metres about 1.3km off Ulleungdo on Sunday morning.

The Seoul-based maritime salvage company Shinil Group has been searching for the precise site of the wreck for several years and put together a team of experts from South Korea, China, Britain and Canada for this year’s effort.

Video footage released by the company shows images of extensive damage to the 5,800-tonne warship, which was scuttled after an encounter with Japanese warships in May 1905.

The footage also shows cannons and deck guns encrusted with marine growth, as well as the anchor and ship’s wheel."

The more gold for sale, the more I can buy! Read the entire article here:

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/race-russian- ... 31114.html
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Re: ‘5,500 boxes of gold’ - rumoured to be worth US$133 bill

Postby Treetop » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:43 am

Hunting lost treasures would be a super fun retirement if there werent so many weird laws on ownership. That is my understanding anyway.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:56 am

I didn't see any gold coins on the video. Of course it appears they haven't yet gone inside the ship. I do remember the Odyssey Marine videos with one of the ships they found and the footage actually showed a bunch of the bars sitting at the bottom of the ocean. Spectacular footage.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby thecrazyone » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:22 am

This makes me think of that movie Black Sea. Great movie, btw.

Any updates on this? Like we would ever be told..
Author: Bring CHANGE Into Your Life (A Truly Easy Investment Tool)
https://www.amazon.com/Bring-CHANGE-Int ... 1077276869
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Postby thecrazyone » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:27 am

Author: Bring CHANGE Into Your Life (A Truly Easy Investment Tool)
https://www.amazon.com/Bring-CHANGE-Int ... 1077276869
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:18 pm

Thanks for the update!
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions