Hoarding Mindset.

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Hoarding Mindset.

Postby Thogey » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:17 am

If you are hoarding $hit now, you are part of the problem! This virus is not the problem. Humanity will process through this like we do everything else. I think the USA will be a bit more ahead of the problem than China was.

We should have been prepping all along and continue to be prepared. We all are not completely prepared, because people do miss things.

So hoarders make it impossible function.

The funny thing is, people are hoarding things that probably will never serve them, or there will be no shortage. Or the only shortage will be from people hoarding things they won't use.

Although I look forward to cheap beef possibly coming soon.

This toilet paper hoarding is a riot! I usually buy a 24 pack of big rolls and feel adequately prepared, as long as a bunch of boomers don't go and buy a lifetime supply. I really thought the beer isle would get cleared out first.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Hoarding Mindset.

Postby justoneguy » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:08 pm

Thogey wrote: I think the USA will be a bit more ahead of the problem than China was.

The chinese have full government power, in the US , how do you think people will take cities being quarantined?

Thogey wrote: I really thought the beer isle would get cleared out first.

You cant hoard beer [mmm, Budweiser], it goes bad[ish]
is 6 bottles of whisky hoarding? asking for a friend.
We can ignore reality but we can’t ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

The truth will set you free,
but first it's really going to piss you off.
justoneguy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Thogey » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:16 pm

Six fifths used to be my weekly shopping list. No that is not hoarding.

Full Chinese government power is why this is what it is now. We will not quarantine entire cities.

Next question.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby coppernickel » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:01 pm

Thogey wrote:I really thought the beer isle would get cleared out first.

You will probably be able to get all the Corona beer you want.

justoneguy wrote: is 6 bottles of whisky hoarding? asking for a friend.

Na, just a really good weekend.

Just recently, my dad, a Vietnam Vet, told me he saved his pay from his draft enlistment to start a business. When he got home he blew it all on a drunk. My mom had never heard that before. Needless to say, she was a bit shocked. He finished as a sergeant.

How drunk could you get off a years worth of pay?
Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:24 pm

Thogey wrote: I think the USA will be a bit more ahead of the problem than China was.

We should have been prepping all along and continue to be prepared. We all are not completely prepared, because people do miss things.

Colonel, I been "prepping" since 08, and went to ground in 2011. I don't miss much, and I thank that to having my head wired to my a$$ by going Navy at 17, and what I missed, I can always trade up for.

as far as our "leadership", or national command authority being better than the CCP....I have LITTLE to NO regard or respect for national leadership, whether it be political or military,,,i learned back in 1980, at fort meade Maryland to TRUST NONE of them, respectfully, neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:41 am

Thogey wrote:Six fifths used to be my weekly shopping list. No that is not hoarding.

Full Chinese government power is why this is what it is now. We will not quarantine entire cities.

Next question.

And now San Francisco has told 6 counties and millions of people to stay home for three weeks.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby Thogey » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:37 am

We'll at least it's not the feds doing it. Citizen's are still allow to buy groceries.

One thing I didn't see coming. Amazon mail order is going to consolidate some serious power.
Thogey

Postby Changechecker » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:01 pm

U.S.P.S. is still operating as normal. Neither rain, nor hail,nor sleet nor snow can keep your mailman from delivering. Wondering if the will add Corona virus to the jingle. Gotta give them credit for showing up every day.
Changechecker
Penny Collector Member

Postby Thogey » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:04 pm

Recyclersteve wrote:
Thogey wrote:Six fifths used to be my weekly shopping list. No that is not hoarding.

Next question.

And now San Francisco has told 6 counties and millions of people to stay home for three weeks.

Now the Whole State
Thogey

Postby coppernickel » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:04 am

Changechecker wrote:U.S.P.S. is still operating as normal. Neither rain, nor hail,nor sleet nor snow can keep your mailman from delivering. Wondering if the will add Corona virus to the jingle. Gotta give them credit for showing up every day.

I got a package, that was interesting. Sign for the package means the postal carrier writes your name down. Don't ask her to hand it to you. Don't get within 6 feet. Set down the package and back away slowly. Times have changed in one week.

Postal deputies are the most reliable people in the United States. My kudos to out the the postal carriers. :clap:
Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby fansubs_ca » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:57 am

Thogey wrote:Full Chinese government power is why this is what it is now.

Not so much full government power, but not knowing when and how to use it (they let
things go way to long before taking any action) and the tendancy to use power to cover
up rather than actually fix anything. The state secrecy has greatly contributed to the
problem and may have even been it's origin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpQFCcSI0pU

If a grad student working in a virology lab dies because they are infected in an accident
you _have_ to tell the people doing the cremation how to do it safely and assign someone
to make sure they do so... -_-

Believe me if i was a dictator I'd use my power to fix problems not cover them up...
fansubs_ca
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby fansubs_ca » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:07 am

coppernickel wrote:I got a package, that was interesting. Sign for the package means the postal carrier writes your name down. Don't ask her to hand it to you. Don't get within 6 feet. Set down the package and back away slowly. Times have changed in one week.

Here in Canada, at least right now, any package requiring a signature you just get a card
from the post office and you have to pick it up at the post office. (They will hold it for you indefinately if you can't get down there right away while this thing is going on) Non-signature
item are placed on the doorstep. Though in my case all my mail goes to the PO Box so I have
to go get it anyways. Nobody is prohibitted from going anywhere but they are strongly encouraged to only go out for essentials. Interestingly I have a package that came into the
UPS store I use, might be a few weeks before I can go get that though, winter is still on
and there is no way I'm getting on a bus right now and it's not really reasonable to ask
anyone to give me a ride either, that package can wait. (The UPS Store is much further than
the post office which is at least walkable, need my bike out to go to the UPS Store under my
own power.)
fansubs_ca
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Thogey » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:03 pm

I just came back from the grocery store (frys) were the toilet paper is about gone and there is a 1 per customer ration. Fascinating.
Thogey

Postby Changechecker » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:03 pm

Our local grocery store is getting back to normal inventory levels. Some new products to replace things they can't source. Just got a notification that with the increase of cases of Covid that they will be limiting the number of shoppers allowed in the store. Especially during Thanksgiving this year.
Changechecker
Penny Collector Member

Postby smackvay » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:39 pm

Sort of unrelated but i have been messing around with firearms over the last few years and in the last 3 months deals are FEW and far between. The few shops where i buy multiple pieces a week at have such little inventory they wont even negotiate prices anymore. What im hearing is that it is only going to get worse.

Carry on
Mike
WVU fan thru and thru, Just ask i will tell you
smackvay
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions