Trump's Coronavirus mistakes

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Trump's Coronavirus mistakes

Postby Thogey » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:45 pm

First of all. I hope there is major prep being staged for mobile hospitals and whatever.
It was impressive how China built that 1000 bed hospital so quick. I assume we have the same type of plans.

Does it feel like Trump wants to suppress or downplay the infection numbers? He seemed proud at one point that we had so few cases. Bad attitude!

Trump should be beating the table demanding the highest possible documented cases.

South Korea really seemed on the ball with this. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavir ... uth-korea/
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Trump's Coronavirus mistakes

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:26 pm

We aren't a centralized autocracy so we can't act as China did. Like China, Korea has a more compliant culture, and they seem to be acting quickly after a bad start. Americans will whine about their independence and freedom at the expense of action, for a time - and delays can be very costly.

On paper I'm impressed that the Italians have mobilized and taken the actions they have, even though they got a slow start as well. But time will tell if their efforts have been effective. If they don't see new infections drop within a week then what they have done isn't working.

Trump's greatest issue is his mouth. His actions by and large have been timely and effective. His words haven't always been the right choices. He should have stressed the seriousness while focused on all citizens taking precautions in order to protect the small vulnerable portion of the population, appealing to their sense of compassion for others.

The biggest screw up appears to me at this point to be the CDCs development and release of an effective test protocol in sufficient numbers and in a timely manner. They rejected protocols setup by others in favor of doing their own thing, acting like a bunch of self important academics - and they screwed up. I think they are close to recovering but they lost a critical week or two in the process.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Thogey » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:38 pm

South Korea didn't get a slow start. This is why their infection graph flattened out so fast. Their death rate is only 60/8000.

They have a better picture of the problem because they see more cases.

This is because they had a high sensitivity testing regimen in place. They quickly tested over 150,000 people.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:30 pm

I lost a longer draft so I'll try to capture the better content.

Your point is taken. Their response seemed slow to me but it was actually pretty quick and they got ahead of a situation that could have gotten a lot worse. Their testing program was impressive and why I was critical of the CDC. The Italian death rate is both artificially high because they haven't tested as many and so have an artificially low denominator as well as actually higher because their aging population is 50% higher than S Korea (even though Korea is also aging).
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby fansubs_ca » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:25 am

Thogey wrote:First of all. I hope there is major prep being staged for mobile hospitals and whatever.
It was impressive how China built that 1000 bed hospital so quick. I assume we have the same type of plans.

Don't be so impressed by the quickly built hospital, it was falling apart in the first week
of operation. It was more a propaganda piece than anything else. I only know this because
the ADV China guys covered it in one of their videos on the topic. (I can't find the particular
clip now because they done hours and hours of coverage on this.)
fansubs_ca
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Thogey » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:53 am

Trump's comment on human use of disinfectants is bizarre and looks kinda, senile boomeresque.
Thogey

Postby NHsorter » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:48 am

I agree that it looks kinda, senile boomeresque, but it may not matter when the alternative is a 100% senile boomer.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby MaxGravy » Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:38 pm

Internal UV light treatment is real. It's a catheter called HealLight that was developed at Cedar Sinai hospital.
Aytu BioScience Signs Exclusive Global License with Cedars-Sinai for Potential Coronavirus Treatment
This medical device technology platform, discovered and developed by scientists at Cedars-Sinai, is being studied as a potential first-in-class treatment for coronavirus and other respiratory infections.

Injecting a disinfectant to kill organisms and oxygenate the blood is also real.
Intravenous Hydrogen Peroxide Therapy
In IV H2O2 therapy, Hydrogen peroxide is infused into the circulatory system through a vein in the arm. It drips in over a ninety-minute period. Five cc of pharmaceutical-grade, three-percent hydrogen peroxide are put in 500 cc five percent glucose in water as a carrier solution. Two grams of magnesium chloride are added along with a small amount of manganese to prevent vein sclerosis.
MaxGravy
Penny Pincher Member

Postby NiBullionCu » Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:57 pm

... an infusion of a chemical, hydrogen peroxide, that he's given a lot of his patients. It's normally used to clean cuts and scrapes, and has never been FDA-approved for internal use.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/a-prescription-for-death/

In April 1989, the FDA issued a news release about the illegal promotion of industrial-strength hydrogen peroxide to treat AIDS and cancer. That warning followed at least one related death in Texas and several injuries requiring hospitalization.

https://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/news/20060728/high-strength-hydrogen-peroxide-danger
NiBullionCu
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Thogey » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:05 pm

MaxGravy wrote:Internal UV light treatment is real. It's a catheter called HealLight that was developed at Cedar Sinai hospital.
Aytu BioScience Signs Exclusive Global License with Cedars-Sinai for Potential Coronavirus Treatment
This medical device technology platform, discovered and developed by scientists at Cedars-Sinai, is being studied as a potential first-in-class treatment for coronavirus and other respiratory infections.

Injecting a disinfectant to kill organisms and oxygenate the blood is also real.
In IV H2O2 therapy, Hydrogen peroxide is infused into the circulatory system through a vein in the arm. It drips in over a ninety-minute period. Five cc of pharmaceutical-grade, three-percent hydrogen peroxide are put in 500 cc five percent glucose in water as a carrier solution. Two grams of magnesium chloride are added along with a small amount of manganese to prevent vein sclerosis.

Did Trump set a trap?
Thogey

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:09 pm

They are warning about claims using 35% peroxide, which is dangerous stuff - it will dissolve anything organic. The IV drip described above starts with 3% which is diluted 100 to 1, resulting in a 0.03% solution. No idea if it is a real project, but that concentration is probably tolerable.
68Camaro

Postby MUTiger » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:14 pm

Thogey wrote:
MaxGravy wrote:Internal UV light treatment is real. It's a catheter called HealLight that was developed at Cedar Sinai hospital.

Did Trump set a trap?

Yes. Try to search YouTube for the video from Aytu Healight and they have all been removed. You can still find it reposted on vimeo.com ... for now.

https://vimeo.com/412069747

He is beating them at their game. Panic is setting in. Their communications are also down.

https://twitter.com/TwitterSupport/status/1255285160314056706

One more link.

https://outofshadows.org

Put on the whole armor of God.

MUTiger
MUTiger
Penny Collector Member

Postby MUTiger » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:19 pm

Also, Flynn will be exonerated and many of the deep state actors that framed him will be tried for Treason.

That is my prediction on April 28, 2020.

MUTiger
MUTiger
Penny Collector Member

Postby MaxGravy » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:22 am

MUTiger wrote:
https://outofshadows.org

Put on the whole armor of God.

MUTiger

This video has been haunting me since I saw it a few weeks ago. There are some very evil people in this world.
MaxGravy
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions